MSF recruits 01 Loyalty officer (POSITION BASED IN LISBON OFFICE)
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Fundraising Department.
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
We are looking for a highly inspiring Loyalty Officer to develop and execute the cultivation, stewardship and development program for individual supporters.
You should have a strong grasp of retention and loyalty tools and strategies and be able to blend creative communications and data-driven analysis to cultivate deep, meaningful and lasting relationships with donors, securing high retention levels and life time value maximization. The Donor Relations Officer will work within the fundraising team, in close collaboration with communication and supporting teams, as well as vendors, to launch campaigns and develop activities on time and on budget.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, you will play a key part in inspiring and engaging donors, across all channels, to connect with MSF’s work and impact.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Plan and execute the mass giving donor cultivation, stewardship and development program, including seamless automated donor journeys, across multiple channels, maximizing income and reducing attrition
- Develop inspiring content and materials aiming at connecting donors with MSF’s work and impact, this includes, but is not limited to, research content, facts and statistics, copy writing, reviewing and translation
- Coordinate all aspects of supporter care and donor management
- Oversee annual budget to meet fundraising strategic objectives and targets
- Measure and report performance of all cultivation, stewardship and development activities against goals, to identify growth opportunities and areas for improvement
- Optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Build and develop successful partnerships with external agencies and manage their performance, ensuring best practice across the program
- Develop training materials in order to deliver engaging and motivating training to the partner agencies, and ensure that messages, style and tone of fundraising communications are in line with corporate identity and complement existing communications.
- Coordinate with supporting teams to ensure that all data and income generated through ongoing donors is recorded in an accurate and timely manner
- Keep up to date with sector trends and market developments
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in this post
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
All information collected has the sole purpose of recruiting for the position described and is treated with confidentiality and data protection, in accordance with European standards and Portuguese legislation.
Expériences / Formation
Education and experience
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in customer/donor engagement, retention, and/or loyalty, preferably within the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated project management skills from beginning to end
- Experience of budget management, including planning and forecasting
- Experience of negotiating and managing suppliers
- Knowledge of data segmentation and targeting of specific audiences
- Experience in working with CRM systems, such as Salesforce
- Excellent analysis and data interpretation skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Inspiring story teller, able to convert complex research into stories that are clear and engaging, and compel donors to take action
- An energetic self-starter who thrives on taking the initiative with enthusiasm
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Well organized and able to prioritize workload
- Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Native level of Portuguese and advanced level of English
- Commitment to the vision, mission, values and principles of MSF
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work and Cooperation
- Position based in Lisbon office.
- Full time job.
- 12 months contract, with possible extension depending on the evolution of the assigned portfolio.
- Annual gross salary: HQ-2C (divided in twelve monthly payments) + Secondary Benefits based on MSF-OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter
- Closing date: January 18th, 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)