MSF recruits 01 Data and cloud engineer (Based in any MSF-OCBA hub)
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including Projects & IT.
The main objectives are as follows.
- Under the supervision of the Head of New Solutions and Architecture, design and provide support to the IT architectural planning for MSF OCBA, focused in the data domain and processes, supporting the definition of the MSF OCBA data strategy and working towards a global data architecture foundation.
- Build a framework for data management and create the data catalogue. Support the definition of short and long-term strategic goals in MSF OCBA data architecture.
- Support the cloud computing adoption and manage migration projects to the cloud in accordance with OCBA cloud strategy. Promote the cultural change for cloud adoption and collaborate closely with other teams to empower the common goals.
- Carry out the technical design of IT solutions, where new technology or critical architectural changes are introduced. Identify and delivery of innovative solutions, in coordination with the Head of New Solutions and Architecture to enhance the organisation’s technology capability in line with Projects & IT objectives and principles to guarantee that technology acts as a key enabler of organisational improvement and service transformation
The New Solutions & Architecture Technical Referent will work within the Projects & IT Office team, and s/he will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to the Head of New Solutions and Architecture.
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Advise and support the Head of New Solutions and Architecture for the definition of MSF OCBA data strategy.
- Build the data architecture model (identify and define types of databases, types of storage, concepts, entities, types of tables, dependencies, define criteria for updating real-time data, single data, etc.), as well as maintain and update it regularly, in collaboration and with the support of managers and Heads of Units in Projects & IT and the function / process owners in the organization
- Manage data catalogue inside the organization. Define and document standards, patterns, manuals and guidelines for data design (naming conventions, use of keys, indexes, etc).
- Support the adoption and development of MSF OCBA Cloud Strategy, based on the implementation plan and particularly for IaaS, leading migration processes from the current infrastructure to cloud IaaS environments, working in collaboration with several teams not only internal to MSF OCBA but also external partners.
- Collaborate, advice and work with OCBA project teams in the design of complex systems that have broad implications for the IT Architecture, ensuring that systems and architecture are compliant and follow IT architecture strategies and policies.
- Monitor leading edge technologies and their applicability to identify opportunities for improvement of IT architecture strategies, processes and methodologies
- Monitor projects and initiatives of the New Solutions & Architecture area, providing proper reporting on status and related issues for the Head of Unit, other Heads in P&IT and different stakeholders.
- Develop Proofs of Concept (PoCs) for new technical solutions.
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
Expériences / Formation
- Academic Background: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Professional experience in some data environment or having some experience as a software engineer and wanting to grow into the data space, more specifically towards data architecture.
- Experience in databases administration.
- Experience in conceptualizing, designing, and delivering end-to-end architecture solutions.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems integration.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modelling
- Experience in cloud computing platforms. Azure and/or AWS.
- Desirable knowledge of best practices frameworks and standard methodologies (TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, SCRUM, PMI framework, PRINCE2).
- Open to collaboration and willing to learn.
- Fluent in English. Spanish desirable.
- Experience in NGOs, Humanitarian and Medical organization is an asset.
- Data management
- Data modelling
- Solid knowledge in relational and non-relational databases
- Cloud solutions in Azure, AWS or others
- Data engineering
- Programming knowledge
- Data warehousing
- ETL tools
Nice to have:
- O365 environment
- Knowledge of integration tools
- IT Security
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, SAP or Salesforce
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi).
- Full time job.
- Duration: Minimum commitment with the position of 3 years
- Annual gross salary HQ-3B + Secondary Benefits based on the MSF-OCBA Reward Policy
- Starting date: Immediately
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter
- Closing date: January 7th , 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)