Millennium Promise recrute 01 Senior Agribusiness Manager
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 01 Juin 2017
Description de l’offre
At Millennium Promise, we believe that the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including the end of poverty, can be achieved by 2030, even in the most challenging and remote parts of the world. By mobilizing cutting-edge science and technology for effective local development, Millennium Promise seeks to accelerate sustainable development across rural sub-Saharan Africa and beyond.
From 2005-2015, Millennium Promise provided the operational platform and resource mobilization for the Millennium Villages Project, which deployed a holistic, science-based approach to accelerate progress on the Millennium Development Goals for more than 500,000 people across sub-Saharan Africa.
We continue to build on this work to implement the SDGs at the sub-national level through several key initiatives; including the Sustainable Districts Program, Connect To Learn, and the One Million Community Health Workers Campaign.
The role of the Senior Agribusiness Manager is to ensure the effective and efficient planning, coordination and implementation of the agribusiness portfolio across MP sites and Projects in Africa .
Working as part of a larger team at Millennium Promise, the Senior Agribusiness Manager will be in charge of identifying local entrepreneurs and innovations, strengthening Farmer-Based Organizations, structuring agreements, promoting knowledge management, assisting in the actual implementation of the initiatives, and ensuring the timely and effective provision of technical support to the MP sites and Projects in order to promote economic growth and employment. He will report to the Chief Executing Officer.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Manage the Sustainable District Program agribusiness portfolio;
· Manage the Africa-based Millennium Promise agribusiness team;
· Develop and execute yearly work plans and manage the overall budget and workflow;
· Assess progress towards goals and targets based on operational information.
Farmer-Based Organization Support :
· Work with Sustainable District Project sites, assist smallholder farmers organize into Famer-Based Organizations (FBOs);
· Provide support to FBOs to act as aggregation points and access technical and financial services and markets;
· Promote Good Agronomic Practices and Nutrient Efficiency Management among FBOs.
Partnership Development :
· Promote, build and manage relationships and partnerships with business partners and value chain actors;
· Oversee the development and implementation of contracts and other agreements pertaining to business development initiatives across the sites; and
· Ensure a strong, effective working relationship among value chain actors.
Project Identification and Planning:
· Lead the design and implementation of the Sustainable District Program sites value chain development strategy in Africa;
· Work with Sustainable District Program country teams, and identify agribusiness opportunities for main agricultural value chains, across Sustainable District Program sites;
· For agribusiness opportunities identified, assess viability, select innovations and technologies to be promoted, develop pricing models, identify primary and secondary markets, and develop P/L’s and cash flows;
· Facilitate the development of an ecosystem of support and ancillary services in Sustainable District Program sites;
· Catalyze the creation of small- and medium-sized enterprises to accelerate local economic growth and employment; and Provide support throughout execution of agribusiness initiatives.
Information Sharing and Documentation :
· Contribute to the program knowledge management efforts with technical briefings and other reports, record methods being used, share experiences, identify good practices, and pinpoint the gaps in knowledge in the implementation of project activities across sites;
· Ensure the production of high quality reports on a regular basis that can be shared with project investors and donors.
– Master degree in Business Administration, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, or related area;
– At least 10 years of relevant experience working in value chain development in Africa;
– Demonstrated practical experience in managing teams and/or business in Africa and problem solving;
– Proven problem solving and organizational skills, flexibility and calm under pressure;
– Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English, and French desirable;
– Must have excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills, be a team player and detail-oriented;
– Demonstrated ability to compile and report results of management activities;
– Highly motivated with a professional background in agriculture, and agribusiness; and
– Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Knowledge of agro-finance is a plus;
– Be able to represent Millennium Promise among different stakeholders;
– Flexibility to travel within sub-Saharan Africa at least 50% of time;
– Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams; and
– Ability to analyze and synthesize information to develop practical agribusiness models.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should submit their applications including a cover letter, CV and writing sample to the following link:
Coordonnées de l’offre
firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Senior Agribusiness Manager” in the subject line no later than Thursday June 01, 2017.