MdM France recrute 01 Logistics coordinator
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
In response to the latest crisis, MdM has been operational in Dohuk Governorate since November 2014, in Kirkuk Governorate since July 2015, and Ninewa Governorate since April 2016, supporting IDPs, returnees and host communities in getting access to Primary Health Care services. MdM delivers today a comprehensive health response in areas of intervention, including Mental Health and Psychosocial Support at primary care level.
In 2018, MdM has progressively switched its response toward support to the national health system in areas of intervention across northern Iraq. Mobile operations were transformed wherever possible into support within health facilities, in cooperation with local health authorities and the Ministry of Health.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for recruiting, training, coaching and supporting the national logistics team, regarding the definition of country program logistics strategy, the implementation of MdM policies and procedures, procurements / supply chain, stocks management, park management, movement follow-up, security management and team management.
More specifically, your responsibilities are the following:
- Define/adapt and implement the logistics tools required to achieve the general objectives, according to MdM procedures
- Define and implement logistics process and ensure that everyone is trained and respecting these processes
- Assist fields on schedule all logistics activities needed, in order to reach projects objectives
- Provide input on logistics matters to the coordination team for proposal and report writing
- Ensures the good filling and follow-up of all the logistics tools for a good capitalization at mission level (Park state, purchase follow-up, donation follow-up…)
- Ensure the good communication related to logistics issues with the logistics referent in HQ
- Perform the role of technical adviser and take final responsibility for all logistical tasks of the mission
- Be responsible for the appropriate selection (in collaboration with the logistics referent in HQ), installation, use and maintenance of equipment across the following technical disciplines: Information Technology, Communications, Mechanics, Energy & Electricity, Cold Chain etc…
- Take part to any assessment as per required
- Develop and maintain good network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses (customs, suppliers, other NGOs, etc.) and provide logistics support to any emergency responses as per needed
- Support the medical team particularly on transportation: fleet management; contract etc.
Procurement and Supply chain:
- Ensure the overall supply chain management for the response in country (international & local purchases)
- In coordination with the admin team, be in charge of the implementation, follow-up and respect of MdM logistics procedures (purchase, communication, stock management, fleet management, park status)
- Ensure active monitoring of the purchasing process including overseeing local customs clearance of imports, until delivery of the goods and the official handover of items against signature of receipt
- Ensure that the filing system to record and archive all procurements is rigorously maintained by the logistics officer
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of a supplier database and develop robust local supplier relationships at national level
- Ensure systems mitigate risks from corruption and insecurity
- Be responsible for the line management of specified logistics staff in accordance with HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and performance management
- Facilitate the communication within the logistics department as well as the other departments
- Be responsible for the technical support of all logistics staff
- Be responsible for the capacity building and training of all logistics staff to improve efficiency, awareness of, and compliance with, logistics systems and procedures
- Brief and debrief staff on logistical and technical aspects of the mission
Meetings, representation and reporting:
- Attend MdM regular coordination meetings
- Represent MdM with relevant external organisations and networks at national level and actively networking
- Attend logistics or security related external meetings (clusters, Humanitarian Forum sec meeting…) when requested by the general coordinator
- Consolidate logistics reporting (assets, fleet, premises …) and prepare monthly logistic report
- Organise regular meetings with the logistics team, in order to share all information and problems, finding solutions where necessary
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Fixed-term contract (12 months)
Starting date: 1st of June
Gross monthly salary: 2 763 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
• Experience to work in volatile security context
• Experience in clearance and supply chain management
• Ability to work in emergency context. With strong security rules.
• Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines,
• Technical skills in: Security, supply chain, stock, team management, IT.
• Be aware that Logistics is also paperwork, excel files and word documents,
• Must demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing requirements,
• Experience in capacity building and trainings.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.