Last application date: 21/6/2019
We are looking for a Sales Support, looking to embark on an exciting career in Sales at our Namibia Office.
We Offer – We offer you an exciting international career opportunity within Maersk Namibia with exposure to a challenging business environment, characterised by high pace and diversity. You will focus on building / creating relationships and value creation with our current and new customers. This is a pivotal commercial position within the sales team and reporting into the Country Manager where the successful candidate will be jointly responsible for delivering the Maersk Strategic Priorities – do you have what it takes to join Maersk as we expand our footprint beyond Ocean?
You will be expected to:
– Build a good understanding of target customers (contact, industries, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements)
– Build good working relationship with the sales executives to jointly achieve targets set for the commercial organisation
– Maximise impact of sales through effective probing, lead qualification, contracting and Ask for more
– Provide personalized service and build relationships with customers – Track competitor information and market trends and suggest required action
– Understanding of the local market and industries
– Ensure Invoice effectiveness through correct fling of rates and terms, root cause analysis
– Formulate and manage service contracts with customers
– Ensure replies to all sales leads and key correspondence are delivered within 24 hours
– Communicate with customers on relevant information to assigned accounts
– Assist with processing price quotes and rate negotiations
– Effectively assist in problem resolution through delegation to the corresponding internal department
– Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools (Salesforce.com and others) are updated on time and of excellent quality
– Handle VIP filing and processing, Compliance reports and Tender management.
We are looking for
– An individual with a Bachelor’s degree (ideally but not mandatory) with at least 2 years shipping and/or logistics/supply chain/sales experience.
– Strong ability to grasp concepts fast and work within a commercial environment, running independently with projects
– Strong customer centricity
– Sharp business acumen
– Enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills