L’UNICEF recrute 01 WASH Specialist – Sanitation
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 8 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 13-12-2017
Publié le 01/12/2017 à 13h50min44s
Détails de l’offre:
WASH Specialist – Sanitation and Hygiene – Fixed Term – P4 – UNICEF – WCARO
Job Number: 509160 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Senegal
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
1. Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective programme planning, development and management.
2. Knowledge management effectively promoted through drafting/finalizing key WASH sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange.
3. Quality of rights-based WASH programmes effectively promoted, and coherence, synergy and value added to programme management process through results-based management.
4. Sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined programme strategies and approaches, with special attention to gender/sex disaggregation of relevant indicators.
5. Programme delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
6. UNICEF’s global goals effectively promoted through advocacy and policy dialogue in the WASH sector and continental Sanitation and Hygiene and WASH in Institutions platforms.
7. Proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability ensured regarding supply, non-supply and emergency assistance as well as disbursement of programme funds for the WASH sector.
8. Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration, including assistance to sectoral leadership of the AfricaSan International Task Force and its Sub-Committees.
ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Programme/project Planning, Development and Management.
Enhance effective programme, sectoral or inter-sectoral, planning, development and management by leading, guiding, coordinating and supporting the timely completion of the Situational Analysis and its periodic update, addressing gender inequalities and determinants of inequalities through accurate and complete monitoring and analysis, and the timely preparation or finalization of sectoral input.
2. Knowledge Management.
Promote knowledge management by exchange of knowledge, information, situation analysis, experience or lessons learned; promote knowledge sharing and technical input or recommendations on major programme directions and on introduction of new initiatives in the country. Promote lessons learned in addressing inequalities and gender inequalities.
Advise the Regional WASH Advisor on appropriate training and professional development opportunities for WASH staff.
3. Rights-Based Programme with Results-Based Approach.
Promote the quality of rights-based WASH programme and programmes through participation in the formulation of programme/project goals, strategies and approaches. Bring coherence, synergy and added value to programme management processes using a results-based management approach to planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
4. Sectoral Work Plan Development, Implementation, and Monitoring.
Takes primary responsibility for the development of the Sanitation and Hygiene work plan, including support to WASH in Institutions, and technical decisions as well as for project management, implementation and monitoring of assigned project/sectoral activity, in compliance with the defined project strategies and approaches, with an emphasis on promoting approaches to reducing gender inequalities and achieving gender mainstreaming.
5. Programme Management, Delivery, Evaluation and Reporting.
Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation. Participation in major evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sector review meetings with government counterparts. Ensure the preparation of annual and mid-year WASH sector status reports. Ensure adequate and transparent evaluation of emergency preparedness and response.
6. Promotion of UNICEF’s Global Goals
Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through advocacy and policy dialogue through active engagement in communication, networking and participation at every opportunity inside and outside UNICEF, leveraging the strength of UNICEF mission, goals and programmes, and with reference to the WASH Strategy and Sanitation Game plan.
7. UNICEF and Government Accountability.
Coordinates with Operations and Supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability. Certifies disbursements of funds, monitors and submits financial status reports to management in compliance with the regulations and guidelines.
Advocate for due attention and support to be given to environmental and sustainable development issues (pertaining to WASH) in all sectors and line ministries.
Ensure adequate attention is given to Disaster Risk Management, including emergency preparedness.
8. Communication, Collaboration, Networking and Partnership.
• Ensure exchange of information, experience, identify new strategies and courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of services and achieve WASH programme requirements and objectives. Conduct field visits to monitor programmes and collect information. Conduct periodic programme reviews with Government counterparts and other partners.
• Collaborate with Communication and Programme Communication groups to ensure development of effective communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and social mobilization efforts.
• Overall coordination with Regional Advisers and HQ Officers. Collaborate with other Project or Programme or Emergency Officers to ensure the integration of the project/sectoral programme with other sectors.
• Collaborate with the Operations and Supply Sections and Government authorities to establish and maintain sound internal controls supportive of WASH programme or sectoral planning and implementation, to coordinate financial and supply management requirements as well as to ensure accountability.
• Interact with Government and other partners, NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of WASH programme/project implementation to follow up on agreements and recommendations.
• Provide technical support and guidance on appropriate technical, financial and institutional capacity building measures to achieve WASH programme goals.
• Facilitate sectoral orientation on the ‘Cluster Approach,’ and ensure leadership and coordination of the IASC WASH Cluster through preparedness and emergency response, whilst simultaneously ensuring delivery on the CCCs by the UNICEF WASH programme.
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have…
Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
Additional training in Health Education, behaviour changes, social norms or Communication for Development (Programme Communication) strongly recommended.
Eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national government or the private sector. Field work experience.
Background/familiarity with Emergency (preparedness and response) and the IASC Cluster approach.
3. Language Proficiency
Fluency in English and French
◾For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty,
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date Wed Dec 13 2017 00:55:00 GMT+0100 (Paris, Madrid)