L’UNFPA recrute un Chargé de Communication
Communication Officer, Sahel Women Empowerment and Demographic Dividend Project (SWEDD)
Under overall guidance of the SWEDD Coordinator and the Regional Communication Advisor, the Communication Officer plays a leading role in facilitating internal and external information and ensures coherence with agreed national, regional and international planning frameworks. He/She guides, facilitates and represents the Project in appropriate fora. He/She works in close cooperation with the SWEDD Secretariat, and WCARO and country staff, the UN system, government counterparts, development partners and civil society organizations to ensure internal and external flow of communication and information and to strengthen partnership.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree social sciences, communications, business.
- Good knowledge of media and public relations.
- A thorough understanding of the UN system in general, and especially the UNFPA mandate, policies and operations, as well as the current development topics and socio-economic and political issues in the Sahel.
- Familiarity with population issues and how this impacts on sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and young people (including adolescents) and the demographic Dividend.
- Familiarity with modern technology and the use of social media for information dissemination.
- A keen understanding of Sahelian culture, history and political contexts.
- At least five years of increasingly responsible experience in public relations and/or communications.
- Experience in working with government institutions, NGOs and/or donor institutions.
- Excellent oral and written communications and editing skills in French and English.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Proficiency in Atlas, PeopleSoft, and other computerized applications used by the UN.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click « Apply Now » below.
– See more at: http://www.unfpa.org/jobs/communication-officer-sahel-women-empowerment-and-demographic-dividend-project-swedd#sthash.aJbnpo4l.dpuf