L’ONG World Vision recrute 01 Technical Advisor, Technical Service Organisation (TSO)
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 18 Juillet 2017
Description de l’offre
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Position provides high quality technical assistance to NOs in programme design, execution, monitoring, evaluation and scale-up of core project models in alignment with WV’s strategy and help achieve child well-being impact. Develops proposals for grant donors, individuals, businesses, institutions and/or foundations as per requests from the NOs and SOs. Position is deployed for disaster response and other requests from the clients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Policies, Standards and Guidance:
– Reviews requests for technical services from the National offices, Regional offices, Support offices and global center and develops terms of reference for provision of such expertise.
– Provides high quality technical assistance to National Offices for TA/TP and programme design, monitoring and evaluation. This would include level 1 or 2 or 3 services to the clients.
– Co-creates and develops new project models in collaboration with and as per the requests from the GC Sector Lead.
– Scale-up core project model implementation in NOs, in alignment with strategy.
– Provides technical assistance NOs to contextualize and adapt partnership guidance in consideration of their contexts.
– Conducts technical reviews and provides consulting in response to requests from NO, SO, RO or GC clients.
– Effective scale up of project models.
– Evidence based project models developed.
– National offices receive timely and satisfactory technical services.
– Evidence of impact for WV’s contributions.
– Work alongside National Office staff to build understanding of WV’s global.
– sectoral approaches and core project models.
– Provide training to clients as requested.
– Mentors and coaches technical staff in NOs, and SOs.
– Professional growth and development of technical specialists in TSO.
– Good quality technical service provision to the clients by the technical specialists.
– Identify innovative and promising approaches in field implementation as they provide technical services to the NOs.
– Share learnings within team (sector and/or project model).
– Innovation management is informed by field practices.
– Develops winning proposals for grant donors as per specific requests from clients.
– Acts as Chief of Party or other technical staff of grant funded programmes of National offices during start-up phase.
– Provides other services based on service requests from clients.
Growth in grants portfolio.
– Grant funded programmes managed well to donor satisfaction.
Programme Quality/Evidence of Impact:
– Ensure NO TA and TP designs meet organizational standards.
– Influence decision makers and technical specialists in the NOs and SOs for continuous quality improvement.
– Participate in programme evaluations where requested by NO.
– Timely and satisfactory resolution of issues escalated by the line management.
– Good quality TAs and TPs leading to CWB impact.
– Evaluations produce evidence of impact.
– Undertake quality assessments based on requests from the line management and provide necessary advise.
Knowledge Management and Communications:
– Document lessons learned.
– Contributes to organizational learning through active engagement and leadership within CoPs.
– Ensures personal ongoing professional development and growth.
– Learning from the field inform organizational learning.
– Active and strong COPs and knowledge management.
– Work collaboratively with staff in other TSO sectors, and with GC sector and ministry teams.
– Approach work with a commitment to client-service, that grows the capacity of NO clients.
– Cross-sector collaboration and lack of silos.
– Engage with external agencies as needed in the provision of technical services to clients.
– Based on requests from clients represent WV as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
– Mid-level/junior technical specialist.
– 5 years (min) field lever experience.
– Master’s degree in relevant technical area of specialization.
– Donor experience necessary.
– Practitioner/contributor Sector DME experience.
– Language skills appropriate to geographic assignment’.
– Training / adult learning as a required capability.
– Strong experience in grants acquisition and management with bilateral and multilateral donors.
– Experience both in programming, and revenue acquisition related areas.
Working Environment / Conditions:
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
If you are interested in this position, please click on the link below:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Click on the link below: