L’ONG PAM recrute 01 Chargé de Procurement
Procurement Officer (NOB)
Localisation dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 15 Juillet 2017
Description de l’offre
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Descriptif du poste
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Public or Business Administration, Commerce, supply chain or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Language: Proficiency (level C) of French and at least high intermediate level of English is required under all circumstances.
Experience: Three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Procurement field or related, with an interest in international humanitarian development.
The postion is located in the Regional Bureau, in Dakar Senegal and it reports to the Regional Senior Procurement Officer. Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, guide more junior staff to ensure effective procurement services.
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
2. Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
3. Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
4. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
5. Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
6. Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
7. Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
8. Guide and supervise as needed more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
11. Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Skills:
Broad or specialized knowledge of Procurement best practices, techniques and processes.
Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Strong ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with client units and provide client oriented service.
Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.).
• Experience conducting cost analyses.
• Experience working with vendors or other partners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position open to Senegalese nationals only
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
If you are interested in this position, please click on the link below:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Click to the link below