LC recruits 01 Program Developer in Cambodia
The Program Developer will organise the identification and the formulation of the DGD program 2022-2026 and the proposals development in Cambodia for large and strategic funding opportunities, which includes identify both eventual continuation of actual opportunities or new ones and operational partners based on the experience and history of Louvain Cooperation’s interventions in the country. The Program Developer is also expected to develop a knowledge management strategy, identifying the key topics of research and capitalisation and relevant universities and research institutions, and assist in the management and follow-up of current research activities. The Program Developer is administratively reporting to the Country Director. (S)he is closely working with the Program Manager in Cambodia, and is reporting the progress of his/her work to the head of R&D Department and the South Program Manager at headquarters in Belgium.
Louvain Coopération au Développement (LC) is the development cooperation NGO of the Catholic University of Louvain (UCLouvain). For LC, development is a permanent and dynamic process of social transformation that gives the most disadvantaged populations the opportunity to build a fairer society where everyone feels capable of realizing their human potential. LC’s specificity is to contribute to this vision of development by mobilizing the human and scientific resources of the university community.
Since 2016, 4 Belgian university NGOs, ECLOSIO (NGO of the University of Liège), FUCID (Namur), Louvain Coopération and ULB-Coopération (Brussels), have decided to implement a joint program financed by the National Directorate for Belgian Development Cooperation for a period of 5 years, from 2017 to 2021. A second joint program is currently being identified for the period 2022-2026. This joint program allows us to join forces, to reinforce each other, to promote exchanges and better capitalise on practices, and to generate new expertise at the crossroads of research and development projects. In its countries of intervention, LC supports actions in health, access to healthcare and food and economic security in Central Africa (DRC and Burundi), West Africa (Benin and Togo), Andean America (Bolivia), Madagascar and Cambodia.
Context in Cambodia
The office of the National Directorate of Cambodia is located in the capital, Phnom Pen. It coordinates a local multidisciplinary team of 8 people (excluding guards and drivers). Eclosio staff is sharing the same Cambodian offices than Louvain Cooperation in Phnom Penh.
The areas of intervention are health focusing on Non-Communicable Diseases (with a particular focus on mental health) and food and economic security (FES) (support to family farming, income generating activities, rural entrepreneurship, farmer structuring and community microfinance). These projects are implemented in the provinces of Kampong Thom, Kampong Cham and Tbong Khmum, but also in provinces where our partners represent farmers’ organisations, in close collaboration with about ten local partners.
Position in the structure
- Reports administratively to the Country Director in Cambodia
- Closely works with the Programme Manager in Phnom Penh to identify and draft the project documents
- Reports the progress of his work related to the identification and formulation of the new programme to the head of R&D Department and the South Program Manager at headquarters.
- Collaborates with the Thematic Referents at headquarters for the contribution to the identification of new promising projects and the content of the programme development; for joint reflections on strategies and methodologies related project intervention, for the identification of interesting studies or research.
- Assists the Country Director and contributes to the search for local partners and contacts with potential and relevant donors.
- Proposes the development of the new programme of LC in Cambodia in the field of health (mainly focusing on Non-Communicable Diseases-NCD, including mental health, diabetes and hypertension), agriculture, environment, and entrepreneurship. based on the preliminary identification work done by the country office and feedback received by the HQ.
- Closely works with the ECLOSIO staff (in Cambodia and at the headquarter level) to conceive an integrated and coherent program in Food and Economic Security, Agro-Ecology.
- Identify and contact with local partners, other Belgian organisations active in Cambodia, and other relevant organisations for synergies and complementarities with the foreseen programme.
- Explore and contact with local and international universities, research institutes or other stakeholders involved in research activities to build research collaborations in line with the programme under development and the thematics covered.
- Defends the new program, in close collaboration with actual interim Country Director in Cambodia, before R&D, Operations and General Management at headquarters in Belgium.
- Writes the new program according to the guidelines of the donor (theory of change, strategic targets, ways of change, specific aims, budget lines, …).
Expériences / Formation
- University degree or equivalent with a background in one of the thematic areas of LC: Agriculture, Rural Development, Health or International Development.
- At least 6 years of professional experience in the development cooperation sector with ideally several years of equivalent experience in Asia.
- Knowledge or professional experience in one of LC’s areas of work in Cambodia (Non-Communicable Diseases/Mental Health, Agroecology, Sustainable Food Systems, Entrepreneurship development) is a strong asset.
- Track record of successful identification and formulation of programme development.
- Excellent written ability to synthetise ideas into comprehensive and convincing proposals
- Proven experience of research project identification and management.
- Knowledge of Theory of Change, Logical Framework, Project Cycle Management methods, Results-Based Management.
- Good interpersonal communications skills and ability to pass on knowledge
- Experience of partnership development and networking
- Excellent oral and written command of English
- Knowledge of French is an important asset
Terms and conditions:
- Place of work: Cambodia (Phnom Penh), with regular trips to the different areas of intervention of Louvain Cooperation
- Cambodian employment contract: full time fixed-term contract of 9 months, with possibility of extension
- Foreigner or National
- Attractive salary level
- Desired start date: as soon as possible
- Website of Louvain Cooperation: louvaincooperation.org
Submission of applications
If you are interested by this job you can send your CV and a covering letter by e-mail to Mrs Pascale Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 23/12/2020 at the latest.
The recruitment process is ongoing and could lead to a decision before the end date (23/12/20).
We will process applications as they are received and therefore invite you to send it to us as soon as possible. We will only contact those applications that have been accepted.