KEEN: Seeking Applications for Critical Coastlines Grant Program
Deadline: 30 September 2018
KEEN is seeking applications for its Critical Coastlines grant program that funds community-based or non-profit organizations from around the world working to improve the resilience of coastal ecosystems to help both the community and coastal ecosystem adapt to emerging threats.
Threats relevant to this program include ecosystem collapse, climate change, rising sea levels, ocean pollution, ocean acidification, overfishing, and natural disasters.
KEEN’s corporate social responsibility program, KEEN Effect, activates communities to protect and preserve the natural environment where we work and play through strategic philanthropy, advocacy, and supply chain detoxification.
Applicable projects support local communities in their efforts to use:
- Nature-based strategies or biological infrastructures (mangrove swamps, reefs, salt marshes etc.)
- Economic incentives (like ecosystem services payments to sustain natural resources)
- Pollution controls (coastal litter management, motorized vehicle restrictions etc)
- Education programs promoting traditional or scientific knowledge that can change unsustainable practices
- Other creative strategies to help both the communities and the coastal ecosystem adapt to emerging threats
- The funding amount of this grant is $10000.00
- Organizations and individual applicants can apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Critical Coastlines Grant Program.