IFAD hires 01 Environment & Climate Officer, Local recruitment
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 10 Juin 2017
Description de l’offre
Note: this position is only open to nationals of Senegal
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
– Strategic thinking and organizational development: Personal influence (Level 1)
– Demonstrating Leadership: Personal leadership and attitude to change (Level 1)
– Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: Continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge and innovates (Level 1)
– Focusing on clients: Focuses on clients (Level 1)
– Problem solving and decision making: Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision making ability (Level 1)
– Managing time, resources and information: Manages own time, information and resources effectively (Level 1)
– Team Work: Contributes effectively to the team (Level 1)
– Communicating and negotiating: Communicates effectively: creates understanding between self and others (Level 1)
– Building relationships and partnerships: Builds and maintains effective working relationships (Level 1)
– Managing performance and developing staff: Manages staff and teams effectively (Level 1)
– Technical environment and climate expertise in the design and coordination of technical research and identification of solutions to evolving issues.
– Ability to share technical guidance/knowledge at the peer level.
– Ability to develop new approaches, techniques or policies in relation to client needs.
– Ability to develop new methodologies and techniques in the field of monitoring and knowledge management related to climate change and natural resource management
– Clear understanding of IFAD business and market sector; appreciation of strategic implications thereof.
– Ability to plan, lead, integrate and coordinate the work of a mid-sized team.
– Ability to interpret data, present rational conclusions and defend recommended actions.
– Produces well-structured, factually and analytically accurate reports.
– Prepares presentations for board-level delivery.
– Captures experience and knowledge from assignment for wider dissemination.
– Effectively applies project management tools and techniques.
– Experience in GIS, mapping or vulnerability assessments
– Experience in monitoring an evaluation of projects and programs
– Interdisciplinary approach to work ? expert in given field, as well as able to collaborate across disciplines with experts in other areas, and to apply knowledge in areas of expertise other than their own.
– Ability to work well with multi ?cultural teams.
– Politically sensitive.
– Ability to set out a coherent argument in writing, presentations and group interactions.
– Good working knowledge of Windows-based computing, and electronic communication.
For more information about this position and Application details , please click on the following link:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Click to the link below https://job.ifad.org/psc/IFHRPRDE/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/s/WEBLIB_IFA_FORM.ISCRIPT1.FieldFormula.IScript_IFADSimulation?route=viewJobPosting&joid=1539