IECD recrute 01 Seeds of Hope (SoH) Project Manager – Project STRIVE (M/F)
The European Institute for Cooperation and Development (IECD), an international solidarity organization created in 1988, implements economic and human development projects, in partnership with local institutions, enabling young people and people in precarious situations to access decent and sustainable jobs, in a quality educational and health environment. More than 30 years of experience in the fields of education, vocational training and access to employment for young people, have enabled the IECD to develop a real know-how at the service of the most vulnerable people.
IECD operates in 15 countries, 4 geographical areas (Near East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa/ Madagascar, and South-East Asia), and is structured around flagship programs and a proven service offer on more than 60 projects.
In Liberia, IECD launched the project STRIVE in September 2020. The project focuses on three components:
Developing Technical and Vocational Educational Trainings (TVET) and the national TVET system in partnership with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Increasing the employability of trainees to facilitate their professional integration.
Supporting vegetable farmers in Bong County to improve economic opportunities.
As part of its activities in TVET, IECD is supporting the improvement of electricity and construction TVET trades, working with TVET training centers to improve the quality of training and the infrastructures of the centers. This sub-project is part of the Seeds of Hope program implemented by IECD in 7 countries. Activities on the electricity trade were launched in 2021 and launch of a construction trade (still to be identified) is planned for 2022.
The Project Manager for the Seeds of Hope (SoH) project will supervise and monitor the launch and implementation of activities related to TVET in electricity and construction and contribute to their development. She/he will ensure this mission by ensuring the skills development of the local team, the continuous improvement of the impact with the young beneficiaries, and by being attentive to new opportunities to extend the scope of the project.
1/ Operational implementation of the Seeds of Hope project
- Pilot the project strategy
- Conduct the deployment of the SoH activities: plan the activities, define the objectives and results to achieve, identify priorities
- Participate with the TVET team in the operational partnerships with the training centers
- Supervise the launch of a new trade in construction (market study, identification of training needs, renovation, and equipment of the schools…)
- Mobilize local and international expertise for the successful carrying out of activities
- Collaborate with the pedagogical team to identify the needs in training for the trainers and work on the curriculum
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the activities, in collaboration with the M&E manager
- Participate in the knowledge management work and capitalization, to contribute to the improvement of similar IECD projects in other countries
2/ Management of the SoH’s Team
- Manage the SoH team (two project officers)
- Build and follow-up the team workplan for the correct coordination of the SoH activities
- Upskill competences within the team and ensure its management: Evaluation, training, loyalty retention, team cohesion, in line with labor law.
3/ Institutional representation, reporting and communication
- Contribute to the building of the relationships with the relevant stakeholders in TVET and in the private sector
- Contribute to the reporting and meetings when needed with the partners and institutional partners
- Supervise the communications on the project in collaboration with the Communication team: website updates, newsletters issues, creation of communication tools
- Establish synergies with other levels of the project, especially the other TVET trades
4/ Financial and administrative management
- Ensure internal monitoring and control procedure compliance, in coordination with the financial controller
- Contribute to the narrative and financial reporting in relation to the financial partner
- Supervise the overall budget of the SoH project, in coordination with the TVET Senior Project Manager
- Monitor and track purchases related to the project, as well as the public tenders
Profil de candidat recherché :
- Significant professional experience required (minimum 3 years) in a Project Manager position, preferably with experience in industrial sectors
- Interest in the field of development and international solidarity
- Preferably, foreign experience in a developing country
- Management of multicultural teams
- Ability to work in a team and in a matrix
- Operational and financial management of projects
- Ability to develop new partnerships
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written), knowledge of French is a plus
- Mastery of the Office pack, in particular Excel, imperative
- Leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, solution and results oriented
- Rigor, organization, pragmatism
- Diplomacy and adaptation to different levels of interlocutors
- Good working skills: this position of responsibility requires a strong commitment and perseverance
- Strong moral qualities: honesty, humility, respect
- Relational ease, open-mindedness, listening, patience
- Adaptation to the local culture, interest in the geopolitical context
CONDITIONS OF THE MISSION
Contract: Agreement under French law, “Volontariat de Solidarité Internationale” (VSI) – training prior to departure
Under the responsibility of the Senior Project Manager for TVET
In close collaboration with:
- The Administrative and Financial Department
- the Human Resources Department, based in Monrovia
- The Program team based in Paris
- The Country Director and its CMT (Coordination Management Team)
Dates and duration of the position: April 2022, 2-years VSI agreement, renewable.
- Remuneration according to profile
- Housing participation (1500 $US/month)
- Two return plane tickets per year of assignment for the VSI
- Complete medical and social package
- Provision of a shared service vehicle
- Paid leave: 2 days per month (24 annual days) + local public holidays