Humanity & Inclusion recruits 01 Project manager Victim assistance – IRAQ
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI’s strategy in Iraq includes 3 main components:
- Long-term development projects: support to civil society, access to services, awareness campaigns
- Emergency response for Internally Displaced Persons and vulnerable host communities (provision of physical rehabilitation and psychosocial and psychological support services, support to local structure, trauma response, inclusion, protection assessments);
- Mine Action: risk education, victim assistance, survey and clearance of contaminated areas.
The current operations are implemented through direct intervention in Ninewa, Suleymania, Kirkuk, Anbar, Diyala and Baghdad Governorates. HI currently has a country coordination office in Erbil, four field offices in Mosul with a sub office in Sinuni, Kirkuk with sub office in Kalar, in Baghdad and in Sulemania.
HI works in camps with mobile teams and in health centers to implement emergency physical rehabilitation activities, psychosocial and psychological support, inclusion and risk education activities. HI is also delivering an early recovery project in schools, focused on building community-based RE and PSS structures.
The position provides an exciting opportunity to manage a comprehensive multi sector response at a key moment as the humanitarian response focuses on recovery and reconstruction. Moreover, due COVID pandemic and impact on vulnerable population, HI started to implement COVID response activities.
Reporting to the Area Manager in Mosul, Iraq, you contribute to the implementation of the mandate and HI strategy in Iraq. You are in charge of implementing the project under your responsibility. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country by means of a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. With all HI managers, you share responsibility for the sound management and effective functioning of the global organization.
You will be responsible for the overall management of activities under the project aiming to improve access to and the quality of physical and functional rehabilitation services in Ninewa. In particular activities will include provision of direct physical and functional comprehensive rehabilitation services with MHPSS (including provision of assistive devices and referrals if needed) to persons with functional limitations and their caregivers (in health structures and IDP camps); provision of trainings on case management and referral pathways; capacity building of the local health care staff working in PHCCs to provide their patients with basic rehabilitation advice and skills, as well as on how to make appropriate referrals into existing rehabilitation and specialized services.
You will manage the Victim Assistance project team (around 11 team members); with direct management of 3 staff in the project coordination team.
You will manage the recruitment and selection of new team members and ensure strict application and respect of the programme’s Internal Regulations by the project team.
You ensure that the activities implemented comply with respect to HI technical and quality standards and adapt the project documentation to HI technical standards.
You ensure that technical trainings for the staff are implemented in coordination with Technical Unit members and draw lessons learned and good practices.
You help to coordinate technical professional development and facilitate a community of practice, in collaboration with Technical Division.
You manage relationships with technical authorities, local partners or other stakeholders.
- Implementation & monitoring
You ensure the planning of activities and establishes action plans in line with the project proposal and the allocated budget
You ensure that activities are implemented according to internal quality and technical standards and, if necessary, propose adjustment or improvements to help meet objectives.
You prepare and monitor partnership agreements with implementing partners and other potential partners;
You ensure the effective implementation and follow up of institutional policies (PSEAH, mandatory cross-cutting approaches, etc.) on your project.
You ensure project data management and project reporting
You prepare and steer project evaluation and capitalisation
You plan and monitor project evaluations and produce project capitalisation and learning from experience material.
- Influence & Communication
You communicate on the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant.
You contribute to programme or country operational strategy (StratOp);
You draft new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project and contribute to the drafting of new proposals for new opportunities.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
- Movements are restricted, movements on foot are very limited and curfew for expats is in place, limited amount of places are pre-validated (other INGOs Guest houses, few restaurants), weekends can be spent in Erbil all the three Weeks.
- Living conditions: Individual room in relatively safe guest house.
Limited access to shops close to the Guest house
Expériences / Formation
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a bachelor degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Project Management, Health Care Management, Health Economics (Middle Eastern Studies, Humanitarian Assistance, Social or Health Sciences or a relevant subject, is mandatory)
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts and at least 2 years of professional experience of project management and experience of working in insecure and hardship environments
- You demonstrate good understanding of HR, logistics and financial procedures; strong internal and external coordination and representation skills and strong communication skills
- You are able to work in a tense context with strict security measures and work under high pressure
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 6 months International contract starting from 15th, August 2021
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2448 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem : 488 € net/month – paid in the field
- Hardship : 500 € net/month paid with your salary
- Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
- R&R : according to the level of the mission : Level 2: 5 days every 3 months
- Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country : local package
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Only successful candidates will be contacted.