Humanity and Inclusion recruits 01 Hub Logistics Manager
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Humanity and Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of workers living with a disability.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
HI is managing a large humanitarian program from three different hubs (Beirut, North-West and North-East), along four main pillars:
1. Support to health partners (hospitals, psychosocial support centers, local NGOs) for the provision of multidisciplinary rehabilitation services (physical rehabilitation, psychosocial support and/or prosthetics and orthotics) and standalone psychosocial support services, through training, technical supervisions and donations of assistive devices and/or equipment;
2. Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons (including mines, explosive remnants of war and small arms light weapons) and non-technical survey of hazardous areas;
3. Livelihoods assistance, with a combination of cash for work, vocational training, small grants for businesses and apprenticeships;
4. Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response (with a special focus on inclusive health and inclusive livelihoods).
The actual intervention is based on a mix of remote management of national teams, remote partnerships with local structures and organizations, and direct implementation programs.
Reporting to the Country Logistics Manager, the hub logistics manager ensure the efficient management of logistics resources for the area of intervention under his or her responsibility.
He or she is the point person for the country logistics manager and as such informs him or her of any problems that fall within his or her remit and suggests solutions.
He or she participates actively in the phased reorganisation of HI in the field as part of the ROOTS project. He or she is a key player in the rollout and implementation of HI’s logistics standards, which consists in reworking the positioning of logistics at HI and affirming the principle of professional development.
PROFILE SOUGHT :
• Bachelor’s degree in logistics
• More than 4 years working experience as logistics coordinator /manager in humanitarian programs
• Previous experience with HI would be an asset
• Previous experience working in humanitarian programs in the Middle East would be appreciated
• Previous experience in remote control programs is a plus
Language skills :
• Oral and written mastery of English
• Oral and written knowledge of Arabic
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
• 12 months international contract starting from May 2022
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
•Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
•Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
•Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution to the subscription
•Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2813 € gross/month upon experience
• Perdiem: 553 € net/month – paid in the field
• Hardship: 500 € net/month paid with your salary
• Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
• R&R: 5 days every 8 weeks
• Position unaccompanied
• Housing: collective taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package