HI recruits 01 Project Manager Victim Assistance
Place: IRAQ – Baghdad
Length of contract: 1 year
Starting date: October 2019
Closing date for applications: September 9th 2019
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organization was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programs in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
Handicap International (HI) started its activities in Iraq in 1991.
HI has currently 4 offices in Iraq:
• Erbil coordination office
• Kirkuk office (Sub-office in Kalar)
• Mosul office
• Baghdad office
HI’s strategy in Iraq for 2017-2019 includes 3 main components:
• Arms Risk Reduction: Including Risk Education and Land release
• Health: Physical and psychological rehabilitation
• Inclusive access to essential services
HI’s current activities in South Diyala governorate include:
• Support to Hospital’s Rehabilitation Units through technical and comprehensive capacity-building and training, and donation of assistive devices
• Provision of direct psychosocial support to community members (children and teenager with psychosocial distress)
• Provision of MHPSS and inclusion awareness to health staff and community members.
Under the direct line-management of the Field Coordinator in Diyala, the Project Manager ‘main responsabilities include:
• Management of the implementation of inclusion, Rehabilitation, Mental Health, Psycho-Social Support and Risk Education activities in South Diyala.
• Management and supervision of training of the local HI team, in collaboration with the Technical Unit and the other members of the coordination team
• Supervision and management of the HI operational team under his/her responsibility.
• Monitoring of the result achievements and indicators, as per the logical framework and monitoring plan, including the activities of local partners
• Ensuring the respect of quality and technical standards in the implementation of the activities, in collaboration with the Technical Unit.
• Contribution to the definition of the strategy of intervention and the operational modalities
• Monitor the humanitarian situation, assess new potential areas of intervention and monitor and document protection concerns.
2. REPRESENTATION AND EXTERNAL COORDINATION:
• Coordination with the local partners.
• Representation with local authorities in Diyala (in collaboration with the Field Coordinator).
• Participation in local coordination meetings and networking with local authorities, UN agencies and NGOs.
• Participate in the coordination of media visits
3. SUPPORT SERVICES:
• Monitoring of the financial and logistics aspects of the activities and the respect of HI procedures, in close collaboration with the administration and logistics departments and the Field Coordinator.
• Management of the operational budget for the activities in Diyala.
• Supervision and management of the HI Operational team under his/her responsibility.
• Ensure strict application and respect of the internal regulation by the staff under your supervision.
• Propose relevant adaptation of the organizational chart of the activities and contribute to its implementation.
• Preparation and follow-up of the partnership agreements with partners.
• Regular reporting on the activities, including a monthly Situation Report and regular updates on indicators.
• Regular verification and correction of the activity database.
A complete job description of the position will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts
• At least 2 years in management of humanitarian projects
• Experience in the Middle East would be a strong asset
• Experience in projects with rehabilitative care, psychosocial support and/or risk education is a strong asset
• Strong Project management skills
• Good understanding of HR, logistics and financial procedures
• Strong team management skills
• Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
• Strong communication and reporting skills
• Excellent English (written/spoken) mandatory
• Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and multicultural skills
• High level of autonomy and initiative
• Ability to work under high pressure
• Flexibility in a fluid context and potentially insecure environment
• Starting date: October 2019
• Length of the contract: 1 year
• Salary starting from 2214 € (gross) / month, adjusted regarding the experience of the candidate
• Perdiem: 510,57 € (net)
• Hardship allowance: 500 € (net)
• Insurances: medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday: 25 days per year
• R&R : 5 days every 3 months
• Status: unaccompanied position
• Housing: collective housing fully covered by HI