HI recruits 01 AVR Specialist
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
HI has been registered and operational in Iraq since 1991 and has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors, operating across Ninewa, Kirkuk, Baghdad, Anbar, Sulemaniyah and Diyala Governorates.
Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs generated by the capture of territory by the ISIS group, subsequent military operations and the widespread displacement of Iraqi populations. HI has become a lead implementing agency in emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors, operating primarily across Ninewa, Kirkuk, Baghdad, and Anbar Governorates.
To follow the evolution of Iraq context after the recent conflict with Daesh, the new Operational Strategy for HI’s Programme in Iraq for the period 2020-2022 plan the global objective of HI programming in Iraq around three central pillars:
1- Health: Ensure access and quality of specialised rehabilitation services for the most vulnerable people whose physical and functional, and psychological integrity is compromised through direct intervention when necessary and the strengthening of the health system: skills development, referral pathways, community-based rehabilitation.
2- Protection: promoting an integrated response to the risks associated with explosive hazards through Explosive Ordnance risk education, land release, and victim assistance, including PSS.
3- Social Inclusion: promotion of access to services for vulnerable groups, particularly people with disabilities with inclusive humanitarian action, strengthening of governance policies and civil society organisations and tailored livelihood
These pillars are complemented by three cross-cutting themes: subsidiarity, partnership, Innovation, and research.
Under the line management of the Technical Unit Manager, the AVR Specialist contributes to implementing mandate and ten years strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. He/she will ensure that the quality and impact of the AVR projects developed and implemented in Iraq are optimised through appropriate control mechanisms. He(she) shares with all HI managers the responsibility for sound management and good functioning of the global organisation through paradigm shifts.
The AVR Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support to ongoing projects and ensuring quality according to sector standards and good practices. Thus, he/she will strategically support the second pillar of the STRATOP comprising comprehensive Armed Violence Reduction Activities, including land release in an integrated approach, inclusive risk education, and victim assistance specific efforts in line with AVR STRATECH in the project areas.
He/she will also be responsible for actively participating in the development of new AVR projects, mainly in Risk Education (RE), Land Release, Small Arms Light Weapons, Victim Assistance Specific Efforts, Technical assistance to national actors and Conflict transformation.
He/she will also actively participate in optimising HI’s AVR strategy in the mission and developing and implementing multi-sectoral projects involving AVR.
Responsibility 1: STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
- You contribute to the protection pillar of overall strategic planning for HI’s mission
- You lead the definition of the AVR technical strategy for HI’s mission and support its implementation by the operational teams;
Responsibility 2: TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- You ensure technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards on AVR
- You ensure technical learning from projects
- You ensure the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI’s activities in the programmes under AVR activities
- You ensure compliance of the technical proposition with nexus stake
Responsibility 3: RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- You contribute to the development of research and innovation projects at the country and region level, when relevant Armed Violence Reduction
- You conduct regular analysis of project data and external secondary data on AVR needs and interventions in close collaboration with the Chief of Operations, Information Manager and the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator;
Responsibility4: COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION
- You are the liaison with national Mine Action Authorities and other line ministries and participate in different forums to advocate for policy changes
- You represent HI in relevant coordination meetings with Mine Action, AVR and Conflict Transformation actors (INGOs, Iraqi NGOs and UN Agencies), particularly in the field of RE and MA AoR;
- You ensure regular contacts and good bilateral relations with relevant Mine Action and AVR actors;
- You support the Head of Mission and the Operations Coordinator in representation with Mine Action and broader AVR donors, when needed;
- You regularly coordinate and share activities with your Technical Referents at headquarters and at the same time ensure his ( her) technical advice is implemented in the field
Responsibility5: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- You actively contribute to the technicalities of development of projects in the AVR sector
Responsibility 6: REPORTING
- You review and ensure technical quality of any report ( Donors and ministries) related to AVR
- You ensure that lessons learnt and best practices in your sector of activities are documented and shared with the technical unit and headquarters;
Expériences / Formation
- You hold a master degree in Social Science/International Development or International Relations
- You have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in providing technical support and strategic guidance in minimum two-three pillars of the Armed Violence Reduction Programming (RE, VA, Survey, clearance, conflict transformation)
- You know the international frameworks for AVR (Humanitarian Mine Action, Risk Education, SALW, Conflict Transformation, Victim Assistance specific efforts) and national standards
- You master project management cycle
- You demonstrate strong pedagogical skills and capacity building experience
- You show reactivity, team spirit and empathy
- You are solution-oriented and resilient to stress and uncertainty
- You are fluent in English
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 6 months International contract starting from December 2021
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
- Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 488,49 € net/month – paid in the field
- Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
- R&R: 5 days every 3 months
- Position: unaccompanied and open to couples (Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income)
- Housing: collectivel taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package