Place: IRAQ (Erbil with movements)
Length: 10 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Closing date for applications: 2th February 2020
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
Handicap International (HI) started its activities in Iraq in 1991. HI’s strategy in Iraq for 2019 includes 3 main components:
- Long-term development projects: support to civil society, access to services, awareness campaigns, community-based rehabilitation
- Emergency and recovery response for Internally Displaced Persons and vulnerable host communities (provision of physical rehabilitation and psychosocial support services, support to local structures, inclusion, protection assessments,).
- Mine Action: risk education, victim assistance, survey and clearance of contaminated areas.The current operations are implemented through direct intervention and local partners. HI currently has a country coordination office in Erbil, three field offices in Mosul, Kirkuk, Kalar and Baghdad.
Under the line management of the Technical Unit Cooridnator, you will be responsible for ensuring and leading the implementation of the HI global Disability, Age and Gender Policy and mission level Inclusion Strategy, the technical quality of inclusion activities and mainstreaming of inclusion across the programme.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the overall strategic planning for HI’s mission and leading the implementation of the Inclusion Strategy in close link with all sectors of intervention based on identified opportunities, needs and interests.
- Coordinating and providing regular inclusion technical guidance, support and skills development to HI’s programming and key partners to promote a coherent and evidence based approach.
- Coordinating support to civil society, inclusive governance strategies and programs
- Identify, mobilize and contribute to the inception and skills development of identified key HI partners, including Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), based on identified gaps and priorities.
- Ensuring a coherent and coordinated approach, strengthening HI’s field staff, developing relevant skills, processes, tools and resources for the teams to utilize for an inclusive approach based on identified needs.
- Help to define strategies, processes and tools to facilitate transition and complementarity between emergency preparedness, response and development programs for inclusion activities (continuity of both services and approach);
- YOUR PROFILE :
- Provide skills development, guidance, support and line management to contribute to the development of the inclusion technical advisor and inclusive health technical advisor.
- You hold a Degree in Humanitarian Action/Development studies or social fields (anthropology, , sociology, protection, human rights, disability studies, gender studies…)
- You have excellent understanding of the rights of persons with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups and their challenges in humanitarian settings and are familiar with principles and frameworks that promote inclusive humanitarian action for persons with disabilities
- You demonstrate experience in designing and facilitating training on inclusion and related topics,
- You have experience in projects mainstreaming disability in humanitarian action and in providing technical guidance on mainstreaming disability to INGOs.
- You know working under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation
- You show strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
- You are fluent in English; Arabic would be an asset
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
The position is based in Erbil, where there is an active social life and most facilities are available. The position will require frequent travel to the areas of intervention, where HI teams are working in community resources centres, IDP camps, health facilities and the communities in areas of Iraqi Kurdistan, Kirkuk, Nineveh, Diyala and Anbar and Baghdad if visas are issued.
The security context remains fluid and movement restrictions can be introduced on an ad hoc basis.
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- Length of the contract: 1O months
- Employee status:
- Salary from 2757€ gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 510€ net/month
- Hardship allowance : 250€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 5 days every 3 weeks
- Status : position unaccompanied
- Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: