HAMAP-Humanitaire recruits 01 EOD / IED Technical Advisor Iraq
Created in 1999, HAMAP-Humanitaire is a Non-GovernmentalOrganization (NGO) of international solidarity. HAMAP Humanitaire’s actions focus around four areas :waterand sanitation, mine action, education and health.
HAMAP-HUMANITAIRE IN IRAQ
HAMAP-Humanitaire has been working in Iraq since 2016, in capacity strengthening of local partners in Iraq. HAMAP-Humanitaire first implemented IED-Clearance training to the profit of local authorities in Sulaymaniyah and Erbil. Since 2019, HAMAP-Humanitaire support a local Iraqi NGO in continuous improvement of its organizational and technical capacity.
Since October 2021, HAMAP-Humanitaire and its partner SHO are active in EO RE and NTS in Sinjar district. The two partners realized a need assessment and identified priority areas for EO RE, NTS and clearance. HAMAP-Humanitaire will launch its first clearance project in Iraq beginning August 2022
Tasks and responsibilities
In close link with the EOD Operation Management advisor your missions are :
- Mentoring and operational overview: Support the EOD Management Advisor in the identification of training needs and their implementation. Support the partner’s EOD Operation Manager, the partner’s EOD Supervisor and the team leaders in the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities. Mentor, evaluate and train the partner EOD Supervisor. Supervise field operations, with a focus on capacity building.
- Quality Assurance/Control: Monitor clearance sites. Conduct regular compliance controls of clearance operations with SOPs and NMAS. Provide feedbacks on corrections and corrective measures to implement.
- Representation and coordination: Represent the organization and its partner, in particular for technical meetings and with local authorities. Coordinate operations and capacity building efforts.
- Technical Advising: Supervise daily deployment of the clearance and NTS teams. If safety concerns or more efficient methods are identified, make recommendation regarding new approaches and improvements to the SOPs. Provide EOD/BAC/IEDD services as required.
Plus any other tasks assigned by the EOD Operation Management Advisor.
The EOD Technical Advisor reports to the EOD Operation Management Advisor.
Expériences / Formation
- IMAS EOD 3 + (IED-D) (with certificates) / EOD quality management experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the field of explosive ordnance disposal with at least 2 years as a mentor
- Experience as IED operator
- Experience in high-risk research and humanitarian mine action desired
- Experience with IMSMA reports and good knowledge of IMAS
- Written and spoken English
- Good computer literacy
- Experience in the Middle East, particularly Iraq, is highly desirable
- French and Arabic will be considered an asset
- Your leadership skills allow you to effectively manage stressful and crisis situations
- Autonomous in your work, you are a force of proposal
- Diplomatic and intercultural attitude
Expected starting date : 1st of september 2022. Contract until january 31, 2023 with possibility of renewal.
Salary and benefits
- Salary according to HAMAP’s salary scale
- Living expenses according to internal policy
- Health, life capital and special risk insurances included.
- According to nationality, retirement and unemployment insurance covered.
- Flight tickets and housing covered.
Duty base : Ninewa Governorate, Iraq. Collective housing. Frequent trip to Erbil, and Baghdad if required.
Work rate : 2 weeks break every 3 months.
If you are interested in our offer, please send us your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference « EODTA » in the subject.
Please find the downloadable job offers in French and English below / Veuillez trouver les offres téléchargeables en français et en anglais ci-dessous :