EF recruits 01 Support Services Coordinator
Expertise France (EF) is a public agency created on 1st January 2015 and merging 6 French public agencies under the supervision of the French Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy and Finance with a strong inter-ministerial vocation. EF offers programme engineering and technical assistance by developing and implementing international cooperation actions worldwide. EF operates in various fields of development and institutional cooperation including safety and security reform, post-crisis/ stability, public health, human rights, strengthening of institutions and NGOs and governance. Carrying out large-scale, multi-stakeholder programmes, EF can ensure the cooperation between individuals, teams and institutions with very different statuses, cultures and specialties. Besides, EF has acquired a sound experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale international programmes.
- Context & needs
In Iraq, the city of Mosul, ISIL’s occupation from June 2014 to July 2017 caused a humanitarian catastrophe with grave human suffering and physical destruction. A large range of donors already contribute to the reconstruction of concerned areas, but there is still a lot of needs to address in the humanitarian field as well as in terms of stabilisation. The promotion of stabilisation, the initiation of an effective recovery and reconstruction process are crucial to prevent escalation to re-emerging and tackle some of the underlying social and economic drivers of instability in Iraq.
In North East Syria, following the territorial collapse of the Islamic State (IS), the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) took control of quarter of the Syrian territory. The significant support provided by the international coalition led to the military defeat of IS. However, escalation is likely to re-emerge. Targeted assassinations, economic pressure and instrumentalization of tribalism appear as the main threats to SDF’s capacity govern and hold territories. In such a context, and with the perspective of western military withdrawal, IS is likely to have to capacity to reorganize.
- Programme background
In that context, Expertise France has developed a range of projects to contribute to the efforts of stabilisation in the region. The Agency has opened its office in Erbil in January 2019, the Erbil office has responsibility for the implementation of projects in Iraq and North-East Syria and is composed of a Stabilisation Programme Coordinator, Projects Managers, a cross-cutting team (M&E, safety, communication) and a support services unit in charge of admin, finance, human resources and logistics.
- Job Description / Assignment
EF is recruiting a Support Services Coordinator (SSC), to support the EF team in Iraq and North-East Syria from its Erbil coordination office. Working under the authority of the Programme Coordinator of Expertise France for Iraq and North East Syria, and with support from the Desk officers and Admin and Finance Coordinator in headquarters, the Support Services Coordinator will manage the Support Service unit of EF in Erbil.
Overall purpose of the role: The SSC will ensure the existence of effective and efficient support services in the areas of finance, administration, human resources, compliance, grants management, internal control, procurement and logistics. He/She will play a key role in developing and implementing country specific strategies as well as devising, implementing and improving operational systems, processes and policies in support of EF’s programme in Iraq, in line with EF standard operational procedures and internal policies.
In link with the Finance Officer
- Ensure compliance wjth EF’s financial regulations, procedures and documentation requirements – make sure to be updated on regular changes of policies (link with HQ, access to Magellan etc).
- Provide overall financial planning support to the Programme Coordinator, advise on spending and financial spending strategies, provide accurate financial outlook of the programs on a regular basis.
- Regulation and monitoring of the overall spending in the programme, cost sharing and administrative cooperation between projects and personnel.
- Provide inputs to budget development and guidance on overall financial management support to the budget holders (PM) and support them in their financial forecast
- In charge of forecasting expenses related to cross-cutting function (shared HR, shared expenses, offices) within projects’ financial forecasts
- Participate to financial steering of project/office budgets, play an active role in the preparation of documents for the monthly and quarterly reviews of the projects, and participate to these reviews
- Constantly check the integrity and robustness of financial procedures, possible mismanagement and suggest corrective actions to minimize losses or ineligible expenses.
- Review of timely and accurate financial and administrative reporting to external parties, and to the headquarters.
- Management of transparent and effective interaction with banks and other financial institutions, and agreements with authorities favourable to EF and its beneficiaries.
- Monitoring and regulating the movement of cash, liquidity management, bank transactions and transfers. Ensuring that cash is available for operations at all time (anticipating demands, update cash forecast regularly etc)
- Ensure that all necessary agreements, permits and licenses necessary for EF‘s operations (including VAT exemption when applicable) are in place and keep updated on national Administrative rules and regulations pertaining to the activities of EF.
Grants Management & Partnership
In link with the Grants Officers
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all EF Iraq & NES grant contracts to ensure understanding of contractual obligations and regulations. This will include reviewing contracts, facilitating grant agreement processes and amendments, and ensuring all contractual milestones are regularly communicated to relevant support staff.
- Take the lead on coordinating internal and external financial reporting with programs and finance, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely financial reports that meet donor and EF requirements
- Review implementing partners’ (IP) financial report and supporting evidences, ensure eligibility of costs, compliance of procurement procedures and external audits of partners when grant contracts requires it.
- Identifying the systemic and structural support functions’ issues that may impede grants growth and implementation; identifying and implementing mechanisms to overcome them.
- Coordinate organizational capacity assessments (which include finance, governance, organizational, operational, and other aspects) for potential and current partners, working closely with PMs & PD on the due diligence aspects.
- Identify priority gaps in IP’s capacity (sectoral and institutional/organizational) through partners’ capacity assessments and inform on areas where partners’ skills need enhancing
Compliance & Internal Control
With the support of a Finance officer
- Coordinates HQ internal or donors’ external audits for EF Field Office & Partners, acting as a focal point on potential issues identified
- Carry out regular reviews of internal processes, procedures and control mechanisms; makes recommendations to the management for improvements.
- Identifies any non-compliance with agreed processes and procedures plus relevant policies of Expertise France, Institutional Donors, Governmental Donors and other funding agencies in a separate report and share it with EF HQ
- Review all procurement documentation related to the IRC RFP/RFQ process prior to finalizing awards decisions to ensure full compliance to internal policies and donor requirements.
- Carry out enhanced due diligence on counterparties
- Oversee the contract management process and conduct spot checks to detect non-compliance for corrective action plans.
With the support of an Admin/HR officer
- Ensure that EF’s registration in KRG is renewed and valid, in coordination with the Safety and Liaison Advisor. Ensure that EF obtains VAT exemption documents from KRG authorities and make sure the documents are valid and renewed in time. Link with the French Embassy in Baghdad and French General Consulate in Erbil is made through the Programme Coordinator.
- Ensure mandatory government reporting is submitted and audit requirements are followed up (if applicable)
- Manage EF’s relationship with local legal advisors on issues related to rent, HR contracts or staff
- Leads the recruitment process for positions within the Support Services Unit. Participate to other recruitment processes for other units of the office, including by publishing job offers or ToRs, ensuring collection of applications, and participating to the selection when requested by the head of the unit in lead of the recruitment.
- Ensure that effective HR policies are in place and implemented, including holidays trackers, badging systems, access to the office, remote work policies etc.
- Supervise the relationship with the Iraqi manpower company (EMP or others) and ensure that the payroll system is in place and rolling.
- Track HR benefits for national and international staff including leave, remote work, allowances, benefits, absences, travels etc.
- Prepares HR-related contracts (short term experts, service contracts) using the relevant templates, and ensuring signature at the relevant level (according to financial thresholds)
Logistics and Procurement
In link with the Logistics Officers
- Conducts procurement and logistics for projects and office (upon request by managers or officers); this include requests for quotations, quality control and ensuring procurement procedures are followed (threshold for quotations, right level of validation, archiving of documents for audits etc.)
- Monitoring items procured and assets, through inventory and assets lists (excluding security equipment). Make sure the items are accounted for and quality controlled in storage reports;
- Standardization of all service contracts.
- Ensure proper guidance to the Logistics Officer in vehicle/fleet management.
- Manage and implement Information Technology systems.
- Ensure availability and management of the vehicles of the office, ensure good maintenance of vehicles, logbooks for cars are filled in and up-to-date, and archived. Ensure management of the drivers, supervision of schedule and availability during work hours.
- Lead tendering processes when they are required by the procurement policy, ensure reception of application, compliance with rules, reception of complete documentation, transparent communication with tenderers, and archiving of documents
- Prepare contracts for suppliers and service providers and ensure smooth communication and archiving of contractual documents and tendering processes.
- Play an active role in the induction of new EF team members (paperwork, preparation of work stations, setting up of IT equipment, provision of office supplies etc)
- Maintain a network with other organisation on logistics, finance, HR and administration-related topics and ensure a proactive communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Share and coordinate administration and finance related information with the Programme Director and other staff and attend any relevant internal coordination meetings.
- Liaise with donors and government officials, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration and audit.
- Ensure timely communication with HQ, Programme Coordinator, Project Managers and officers concerning issues related to finance, admin, logistics, HR and procurement
- Ensure supervision, management and technical support to SS unit staff
- Conduct appraisal and objective determination of the Service Support unit staff
- Continuously train and groom SS unit staff to develop capacity in the EF office
- Cover for gaps in the SS unit team when a staff member is absent or underperforming
- Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant University degree in Finance, Procurement or Administration studies
- 5 years of relevant experience in Admin/Finance in UN/INGO or other international agencies and in operational systems management in humanitarian/stabilization set up, including demonstrated ability to set up operational systems in a new and growing programme.
- Good knowledge of donor procedures required is an asset (French MoFA/AFD, EU, DFID, JICA, etc)
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with team members and with multiple stakeholders at various levels from national to sub-national and community levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in highly stressful situations.
- Excellent communication skills ability to adapt to a diverse multicultural environment.
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written). Knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish would be an asset.
- Previous experience work experience in Iraq/Middle East.in an administrative capacity and knowledge of the legal framework for international agencies would be an asset.
To apply, please click on the following link : https://www.expertisefrance.fr/en/on-recrute?redirected=2#page-7928—1—support-services-coordinator-h-f—en_US?backlink=search