CVC Call for Proposals: Inviting Civil Society Organizations for Small Grant Program
Deadline: 30 April 2018
The Caribbean Vulnerable Communities Coalition (CVC) is seeking proposals for its small grant program to support implementation of national advocacy actions that focus on MSM and Transgender specific activities to improve health and justice outcomes. For organisations in Barbados , where national advocacy plan might not exist, it would be activities related to the development of organisational advocacy plans that address issues at the national level affecting MSM and Trans.
Policies and practices contributing to HIV stigma and discrimination and impeding the effectiveness of the HIV response across the Latin American and Caribbean region include:
- Absence of legal framework for protection of MSM, Trans and other key populations, and their families from stigma and discrimination.
- Criminalisation of same-sex sexual relations among consenting adults
- Criminalisation of Sex Work
- Criminalisation of HIV transmission
- Laws and policy restricting movements of KPs
- Legislation on age of independent access to health care
- Stigma, Discrimination and Access to health services
- Gender Inequalities, gender-based violence, and socio-cultural norms
- Policies related to the continuum of care
MSM and Trans organization may apply for an award of up to US$5,000 to support advocacy related costs for up to 6 months. Allocation for salaries , stipends, incentives and overheads should not exceed 25% of the total budget for the grant.
Civil Society Organizations serving MSM and Trans that are based in any of the following countries: Jamaica, Guyana and Barbados.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website with subject line Advocacy Sub-award Proposal.
Eligible Countries: Jamaica, Guyana and Barbados.