Le British Council recrute 01 Conference Logistics Coordinator
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 21 Mai 2017
Description de l’offre
Purpose of job:
To support the successful delivery of the global Language and Development Conference (LDC 2017) taking place in Senegal from 27 to 29 November 2017.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
The post-holder will be accountable to:
-The Language and Development Conference Director for all activity associated with Language and Development Conference (LDC2017)
-The post-holder will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Language and Development Conference.
Main duties are as follows:
– Support the delivery of a high-quality conference, including any smaller pre- and post- conference events, ensuring that corporate standards are met, using assigned resources efficiently and cost-effectively to deliver required impact.
– Implement agreed work plans for project activity. Monitor progress against plan and make necessary adjustments.
– Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, in particular the conference venue, through regular contact with partners, clients and customers, working directly with such stakeholders to deliver quality events.
– Contributes to risk management of project activity.
Finance and administration:
– Keep accurate records of project expenditure and income, ensuring that expenditure does not exceed agreed budgets.
– Keep a regular track of the conference online registration process, accessing regular reports from the online registration system for review by the Conference Project Management Team.
– Undertake other financial and procurement tasks including: raising of purchase orders, getting quotes from suppliers, and tracking payments.
– Undertake other general administrative tasks to support the Language and Development Conference, depending on operational needs.
Speakers and delegates liaison:
– Liaison with keynote speakers, presenters and delegates to ensure they have all the necessary logistical information and support for their participation and attendance in the conference.
Monitoring & Evaluation, Database Management:
– Implement questionnaire surveys, and then collate, analyse and report on results.
– Compile simple reports on registration and attendance throughout the registration period and following the conference.
– Complete all assigned M&E tasks related to the conference.
– Maintain an accurate database of contacts engaged through the conference.
– Maintain British Council Data Protection standards when dealing with personal data
Marketing and Communications (internal and external):
– In line with the Language and Development Conference Communications Plan, and supported by the Senegal Communications Manager, support the production of marketing and publicity materials, including the Conference Brochure, liaising with suppliers as required, drawing on materials developed centrally.
– Ensure that information on our website and Facebook page related to the Conference is accurate and up-to-date, regularly developing and posting relevant content on both platforms in collaboration with the Communications Manager and Conference Director.
– Ensure that external and internal emails and other forms of communication related to the conference are of a high quality, in order to raise awareness of the event; generate interest, debate and active engagement with the themes of the conference; and provide conference stakeholders with accurate and up-to-date information.
Special requirements for the job
Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
– Child Protection
– Equal Opportunity and Diversity
– Health and Safety
– Information Knowledge Management
Project work requires occasional (or sometimes regular) work outside conditioned hours, for example, in the evenings or at weekends. TOIL (Time Off In Lieu) should be agreed with the line manager in advance to maintain an adequate work-life balance.
Post holders may be required to travel abroad on British Council business and should therefore hold valid travel documents.
Skills and Qualifications
– High level of French and English language (IELTS 7 or above equivalent) skills
– Track record in coordinating logistics for large-scale, high-profile events with international and local participants
– University degree
Coordonnées de l’offre
Click to the link below https://jobs.britishcouncil.org/ViewVacancy.aspx?enc=IDP2UMgN4EfjHLASuriI8dVT6GMuoZYHNMqADwQwX0ibGWsg+/BpZjEHosZCqsF0kJ7N5i/tZLlyLbiybnlikoNIxF3qIc8ROm16YWcVT5THnodooaGKlzykPKiDlR0E