Action Against Hunger recruits 01 Grant and reporting manager – IRAQ
Action Against Hunger has been operating in Iraq since 2013, following the sudden massive influx of refugees fleeing the Syrian crisis. The multiple offensives of ISIS have caused the displacement of more than three million people across the country. In the summer of 2014, attacks on Mosul and the Sinjar region pushed hundreds of thousands of people into Iraqi Kurdistan. ACF has since been implementing its humanitarian response with an integrated, multi-sectoral approach, addressing WASH, Mental Health & Care Practices, Food Security & Livelihoods amongst the Iraqi Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in camp and non-camp settings, as well as returnees and host communities. In 2019, ACF is willing to continue the humanitarian intervention in the areas still presenting urgent needs but also focusing on post-emergency / recovery interventions. Our team is running operations of approximatively 9 million euros. The main donors of the mission are OFDA, EU through MADAD, GIZ, AFD, WFP, SDC and ACF.
The mission currently employs 17 international and 106 national staff, working from the coordination office in Erbil, field offices in Mosul, Dohuk and Baghdad, as well as a field sub-office in Sinune. ACF is intending to expand south of Ninewa to address the humanitarian needs of the population.
Erbil is the capital and largest city of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. It is located approximately 350 kilometres north of Baghdad. The situation remains stable. There are 3 guesthouses with generally good living conditions for expatriates. Freedom of movement and many social opportunities exist.
As a key member of the coordination team, you will support and follow up the overall donor’s* activities and elaboration of donor’s documents (proposal, contracts’ management and reports). You will contribute to the development of the mission’s programmatic strategy and ensure an appropriate and quality internal reporting.
You will be directly supervised by the Deputy Country Director for Programs and will work in close collaboration with the Programme and Support teams.
Your main responsibilities are:
Contribute to the implementation of the mission donors’ strategy in coordination with the Deputy Country Director (DCD) and the Field Coordinators (FC)
- Support the prospect research on donors to evaluate grants opportunities
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Communication and training about funding opportunities to the Head of Departments (HoD), FCs and Program Managers (PM)
Support the development of the mission’s grant and programmatic strategy
- Coordinate concept note/proposal writing, involving the Programme and Support teams
- Sharing retro-planning for proposal development, and close follow-up with teams
- Providing support to HoD on the concept note/proposal writing
Support the elaboration of donors reporting documents and contract monitoring
- Provide support to the HoD and PM to draft donors reporting documents
- Consolidate, hands-on reviewing and finalize donors’ reports (verifying the overall coherence with proposal and previous reports)
- Preparing the final package for donors’ reports before submission (at mission or HQ level)
*Grants management from donors include OFDA, GAC, EUTF, SDC, GIZ and WFP
You have a graduate degree in international relations, project management, socio-economics, or equivalent.
You have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar positions (grants management in INGOs, writing proposal, donors portfolio, program team support both in Humanitarian and development context)
You had a proven success in designing, implementing and operating MEAL frameworks and experience in capacity building.
You are flexible and team-oriented able to handle intense work pressure, tight deadlines and ad hoc demands.
You are recognized for your excellent diplomacy, organizational, communication and analytical skills, you have also developed good team management skills.
Project management cycle is imperative.
Fluency in French and English (written and spoken) is essential.
Specific conditions / Salary
Contract: fixed term contract under French legislation
Conditions for French Contract:
- Monthly gross salary from 2 010€ to 2 335€ upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 278€ + 176€ net, field paid.
- + 150€ of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 12 weeks).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.