World Bank Group recrute 01 Operations Officer
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The development of a vibrant private sector is central to promoting economic growth and creating opportunities for the poor. Sound and efficient markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth.
IFC’s Creating Markets Advisory (CMA) Unit delivers on IFC’s capital increase commitments by providing a foundation for Regional, Industry, and Upstream teams to increase private sector investment opportunities. The CMA team works proactively with governments and regulatory agencies to build effective and efficient market conditions, both at economy-wide as well as industry/sector level, for increased private investments. Our global experience shows that challenges in the working environment and lack of the right enabling regulatory framework result in countries losing significant amounts of investment annually. The unit collaborates extensively with the public sector, private sector, and other teams across the World Bank Group in the design and delivery of advisory services.
CMA currently operates across the Africa region, with an active portfolio of 80 advisory services projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In this role, the selected candidate will serve as an Operations Officer for the CMA team based in Dakar, Senegal, to primarily work on projects in countries overseen by IFC Senegal Country Management Unit.
- He/she will work closely with Country Management Unit, IFC Upstream, Investments and Advisory staff as well as World Bank staff to design and ensure implementation of reforms that address bottlenecks faced by investors in IFC’s priority sectors, using a variety of WBG tools and offerings.
- He/she will play a leading role executing strategic initiatives to enhance the CMA practice in Senegal and potentially across the sub-region, innovate new projects and build new business in line with the WBG/IFC country strategy, and deliver high quality advisory engagements to the Government and private sector.
- He/she will manage relationships with stakeholders internally and externally as well as development partners to understand their interests and build support for client engagement work.
- He/she will oversee diagnostic engagements to identify client needs as the basis for developing a proposal and designing advisory projects. Engage with peers, including industry, sector, product, and ES&G specialists as well as legal, M&E, and finance staff, to integrate feedback on proposed projects to improve concept and project approvability.
- He/she will engage pro-actively with donor partners to report progress on donor funded programs and develop new fund-raising proposals
- He/she will ensure high quality of project supervision and completion documents and provide quality control over client deliverables.
- He/she will proactively strengthen the value proposition of advisory products through embracing new trends and partnerships.
- He/she will oversee/ supervise assigned consultants.
- He/she will manage project budgets and align staffing needs.
- Master’s degree in Law, Finance, Business, Economics, or a closely related field.
- At least seven years’ experience in private sector development, with a focus on delivering investment climate and sector reforms.
- Strong skills and demonstrated track record in delivering advisory engagements in the area of investment climate reform both economy wide and sector level reforms.
- Strong technical knowledge and demonstrated track record in delivering advisory engagements in several of the following thematic areas: economy wide reforms (business regulations, investment policy, competition policy, industrial and special economic zones, climate, gender, entrepreneurship); and/or sector regulatory reforms in agribusiness, manufacturing, health, education, energy, infrastructure, PPP, financial sector, digital economy and disruptive technology.
- Understanding of IFC and WBG products/instruments and where there are opportunities for cross-organizational collaboration.
- Demonstrable experience working on IFC and WBG products will be an advantage.
- Understand the implications of different policy and regulatory frameworks governing the thematic areas.
- Able to design, negotiate and lead efforts to develop client offerings that reflect in-depth knowledge of thematic area and understanding of business case for how thematic focus will help client to improve their business.
- Able to identify how changes in markets, business climate, regulations or emergence of new/ successful innovators/ disruptors may create new opportunities for IFC to accelerate its mandate in a thematic area.
- Thorough understanding of IFC products, what is likely to be approved, and how long it will take. Good understanding of WBG and how to initiate collaborative efforts to leverage its products/ instruments.
- Able to design research and analytical projects or major portion of complex projects to credibly produce new understanding of a thematic issue and/or potential opportunities to unlock new markets or new streams of business.
- Strong drive for results and impact
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and aptitude to learn new systems is a must. Ability to use project management systems (iportal, etc) is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills in English and French is a must.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : worldbankgroup.csod.com.