Wave recrute 01 Fraud Analyst
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this problem by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In August 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we’re enabling millions of payments a month and expanding across the continent. And that’s where you come in…
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Fraud Analyst for Senegal who’s resourceful, organized and proactive about getting things done. Your main objective will be to help protect the interests of Wave mobile money customers, agents and the business from fraud risk, while also ensuring that our services remain accessible and easy to use by the target users. The position will report to our Fraud Operations Lead.
In this role, you’ll be expected to :
- Assess fraud risks on a periodic basis
- Determine the vulnerabilities of our customers, agent and staff as potential targets for fraud.
- Reliable and relevant data and dashboards, including partner and statutory reporting.
- Assist in preparing fraud training materials based on our risk exposure.
- Assist in reporting and communication between stakeholders on fraud issues, including customers.
- investigate and escalate issues and take action upon detection of suspicious activity.
- Monitor suspicious transactions and follow-up on required actions.
- Investigate on fraud cases and liaise with the legal department and local authorities to close cases.
- Perform data analysis on fraud with the aim of gathering useful information and support decision-making
- Other duties may be assigned as the business may require.
- Location: You’ll work from our office in Dakar, with occasional travel to field locations in Senegal.
- This is a permanent position.
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- Bachelor’s degree or above in IT, business administration, finance, criminology or other relevant disciplines
- At least 2 years with financial sector case investigative, fraud risk controls, regulatory requirements and the market practices
- Proficiency in spoken and written French and English. Fluency in Wolof would be an advantage
- Have good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Have strong computer applications skills.
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Are willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Our team
- We’re a team of 300+ Senegalese, 100+ Ivorian and 60+ remote people who are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.