– Provide direct support to Class Of Business in the execution of Talent management processes within the Operating Unit as required: workforce planning and resourcing, succession planning, retention strategy, learning and leadership development, compensation and reward, organizational design, etc.
– Plan and direct leadership development, performance management and career management processes within the Operating Unit;
– Deliver effective implementation of Remuneration & benefits schemes, including design and support of pay structures in conformity with the global, regional or local policies; this includes supporting the administration of local surveys, to enable the Operating Unit to gain competitive advantage in a sustainable way, as the basis for competitive annual salary increases, revision of benefits and determination of market competitive bonus levels.
Support an effective management of reward and recognition schemes in the Operating Unit (OU);
– Design when appropriate local policies to address Operating Unit specification in line with group standards and practices;
– Act as OU focal person for Expatriate management: responsible for creating an effective interface with the central support and maintaining an updated expat remuneration database;
– Ensure HR data integrity and proper update and cleaning of the HRMIS tools (responsible for timely submission of OU HR dashboards and data reconciliation);
Analyse local employment market trends and advise the business of
– key developments with recommendations for changes to company policies if required;
– Ensure appropriate local employment conditions and procedures are in place, to comply with Group requirements, VESGBP, and D &
– I Standards as well as local prevailing regulation and applicable conventions;
– Maintain relevant job evaluation/profiling, ascertaining that jobs are correctly evaluated & graded, so that there is equability in application of remuneration structure as per governance structure;
– Ensure organization health through management of Employee and Industrial relations for optimal productivity, by implementing a structured approach through provision of advice to managers on IR policies and processes; staying abreast of changes in local legislation and managing external stakeholders including management of Union negotiations;
– Represent the VE perspective in the industrial associations and ensure that all decisions are in line with VE standards and constraints
– Facilitating 2-way communication in the business by fostering efficient, effective and transparent employee relations : engage and maintain regular contact with local staff or staff representatives, implement climate surveys in particular VE
– People & Reputation Survey, with prompt follow-up, implement remedial actions for continuous improvement of results;
– Develop an OU strategy on change management and act as a change agent, embedding values & behaviours.
– Ensure that the HR services covered contributes to the business effectiveness and add value to the OU – archives management as per group standards, – Cost effective general service management (parking and company cars management, office facilities maintenance, etc.) – Payroll management (as per legal requirements and internal commitments) Guaranty a significant and quantifiable contribution to the OU business initiatives and objectives (HSSE, cost management, maximisation of business opportunities, business restructuring, etc.);
– HR professional background (5-10 years minimum) with competence levels as specified below.
– Prior experience as an HR generalist or in key areas of policies and processes: recruitment, performance management, learning, remuneration & benefits.
– Good knowledge and understanding of local labor markets and employment law regimes within Operating Unit.
– Good understanding and practice of HRMIS.
– Good presentation, influencing and interpersonal skills essential.
– Should be fluent in French, with good/excellent English.