Visionary Leadership Fund in the US
The Valentine Foundation is pleased to announce the Visionary Leadership Fund to strengthen the organizations that improve the lives of women and girls in the Greater Philadelphia region.
The Fund for Visionary Leadership enhances these organizations and creates positive social change by making valuable leadership training accessible to those working in the non-profit sector with the goals of:
- Supporting the Effectiveness of Current Women Leaders
- Developing the Next Generation of Women Leaders
- Fostering a Community of Women Leaders
The Valentine Foundation envisions a society in which all women, and girls, and non-binary individuals thrive. They encourage submissions from women executive and aspiring leaders from groups that have traditionally been under-represented in leadership roles.
- Awards are made by May 2023 for leadership development activities initiated in 2023-2024.
- A total grant pool of $40,000–$50,000 will be awarded to successful applicants.
- Eligible nonprofit organizations have at least one paid staff, operate in the Greater Philadelphia region, and serve at least 70% women or girls or have a program that serves 70% women and/or girls. If the organization is eligible because it has a program specifically for women and/or girls, the individual leader(s) who benefit from this grant must have an active role within or responsibility for this program. The Leadership Fund seeks to support both current and aspiring women leaders and will accept nominations for an individual or a group from eligible organizations.
- They encourage submissions from women executive and aspiring leaders from groups that have historically been under-represented in leadership roles. The grantmaking goal is to close the gender, racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, and other equity gaps in non-profit leadership. They do this by actively funding the leadership development of as many current women executive and aspiring leaders from groups that have historically been under-represented in leadership roles as possible, within the means and mission.
- The definition of “women and girls” includes anyone who is cis-gender or trans woman/girl, or non-binary.
- The groups They focus on who have historically been under-represented in leadership roles include, but are not limited to, those who are Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ+, and/or People with Disabilities.
- The Greater Philadelphia region refers to southeastern Pennsylvania counties (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia) as well as contiguous counties in southern New Jersey (Camden) and Delaware (New Castle).
Note: It is the responsibility of the Applicant and the Nominated Individual(s) to ensure that the Nominated Individual(s) are eligible and available to attend the proposed leadership initiative. For example, some initiatives require pre-requisites, or applications for admission, or other qualifications.
For more information, visit Valentine Grant Program.