UNICEF recruits 01 Education Officer (NOA)
Job no: 525611
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Education, Emergency Programme, NO-1
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
At UNICEF COLOMBIA we work to generate positive changes in the lives of children and adolescents. Our current work plan runs from 2015 to the end of 2019 and aims to ensure that children and adolescents enjoy their rights through equitable access to social services, improve their learning and live protected from all types of violence.
We work throughout Colombia, with special focus on the departments where children have fewer opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira, Caquetá and Norte de Santander.
In Colombia, UNICEF Assistance to migrant children from Venezuela began in Early April 2018 in the departments of La Guajira, Norte de Santander, and Arauca. Now, as the real dimension of the influx unfolded, UNICEF and partners expanded into key areas of Atlántico, Bolivar and Magdalenaon the Caribbean coast and into Nariño and Putumayo along the Ecuadorean Border.
For more information visit the following link:
How can you make a difference?
The Education Officer reports to the Education Specialist for close guidance and supervision. The mail purpose is to support the area of Education in UNICEF in the design and implementation of the proposed strategic sector plan for the response to the situation generated by the migratory flow of Venezuelans to Colombia.
- Support to programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology.
- A minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required. Experience in the education sector on issues related to education in emergencies, education sensitive to conflict. Preferably with knowledge or experience in migration or forced displacement issues. Extensive knowledge of the public sector in education at the national level and preferably at the territorial level.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
FIND THE COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION HERE:
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:
- Formulating strategies and concepts (I)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Learning and researching (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: SA Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: SA Pacific Standard Time