Deadline: 18 October 2019
The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) / Global Environment Facility (GEF) / Micro Finance Program (GEF / PMF) has announced a call for proposals for Projects.
The Global Environment Facility Micro Finance Program (GFP / GEF) is a financial mechanism, established by the GEF in 1992 and implemented by UNDP, to reduce the threats to the global environment through innovative projects funded by civil society organizations (CSOs).
Project proposals submitted to the SGP / GEF must be initiatives whose results are adaptable reproducible, can contribute, in a significant and unprecedented way, to sustainable development,in particular in the following GEF areas:
- biological diversity
- climate changes
- international waters
- land degradation and desertification
- chemicals and hazardous waste
The main objectives of the program are:
- Support and support innovative, small-scale Community initiatives that replicate could reduce threats to the global environment, in accordance with multilateral agreement son the environment
- Learn from experiences at the community level and share best practices with the community of NGOs / Associations / CBOs, state services, research institutions and technical and financial partners
- Facilitate the creation of partnerships and networks of actors to support and leverage the good practices for sustainable development
Priority will be given to the following categories of projects:
- Innovative land-based solutions to combat climate change and strengthen the climate resilience of young people at the local level;
- Access to non-polluting, affordable and sustainable sources of energy for lighting, cooking and the development of economic activities, including the production, conservation, processing and marketing of agricultural products;
- Capacity building and youth engagement, as well as their organizations, movements and networks, in climate action;
- Appropriation and popularization of tools and instruments for implementing climate actions;
- Capitalization, sharing and dissemination of good practices adopted by young people to contribute to the fight against climate change;
- Strengthening the coordination and synergy of youth climate actions;
- Development of green entrepreneurship (creating green jobs) for young people at the local level.
- Innovative initiatives run by youth organizations for young people, including young girls, will be given priority.
Funding Information and Duration
- The maximum contribution to a project is US $ 50,000, up to 75% of its total cost.
- The project application file must present a provisional timetable for completion not exceeding 36 months (3 years). This duration may vary from one call to another, but not more than 3 years.
- NGOs, non-profit development associations and community-based organizations, qualified and interested, are invited to submit their application.
- Other Criteria
- individual projects are not eligible
- The project must be carried out in Togo
- As part of the eligibility criteria for the SGP / GEF, an organization can not, on its own,submit multiple projects at once (only 1 project is allowed per call and per organization)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=59231