UN-Habitat CFPs to Strengthen Capacity for Data Collection and Information Management in Kenya
This Call for Proposal (CFP) seeks to identify a suitable implementing partner that will support the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Taita Taveta and Tana River to strengthen their capacity for data collection and information management through establishing a GIS and data system and building capacity of county staff on data management.
The purpose of the Call for Proposal is to solicit interest from existing or prospective Implementing Partners that wish to participate in UN-Habitat operation and contribute complementary resources (human resources, knowledge, funds, in-kind contributions, supplies and/or equipment) to achieving common objectives and subsequently agreed in an Agreement of Cooperation.
- Size of grant: USD 139,500
- The Implementing Partner will be undertaking the main activities in close supervision of the GoBlue Project Management Unit comprising of the Go Blue Project Manager, the Go Blue Project Urban Planning Expert and the Go Blue Project Marine Environment Expert as follows (but not limited to):
- Establishing one (1) GIS data center at JKP regional level
- Identifying a suitable location for a Regional GIS data centre at the JKP level in consultation with the JKP Secretariat based at Jumuiya House in Mombasa
- Costing and purchasing relevant equipment for a GIS data centre at JKP level
- Operationalizing the regional GIS data centre at JKP level
- Establishing six (6) GIS data nodes in the counties
- Connecting the six GIS data nodes to the regional GIS data centre at JKP level
- Costing and purchasing relevant equipment for each of the six GIS data centers
- e.g., plotter, workstations, a network system etc.
- Operationalizing the six GIS data nodes and ensuring connectivity and linkages with the JKP level data centre
- Regular maintenance of the six GIS data centers on a need-basis, and through a standing contract with relevant IT company.
- Organizing a full certified course on data and information for planning and management for selected relevant county staff and JKP Secretariat staff
- Developing a curriculum and concept note for the full certified course
- Selecting appropriate staff from counties and the JKP Secretariat to participate in course
- In consultation with relevant stakeholders, facilitate and organize graduation session for trainees
Project Key Information
- UN-Habitat Project title: Strengthening Capacity for Data Collection and Information Management in the six JKP Counties of Kenya (Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Taita Taveta and Tana River) through establishing a GIS and data system and building capacity of county staff on data management
- Locations: Six Counties forming the Jumuiya Ya Kaunti Za Pwani (JKP)
- Town/City: Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Taita Taveta and Tana River
- Country: Kenya
- Anticipated start date: 1st February 2023
- Estimated duration of project in calendar months: 17 months
- Maximum proposed value in US$: 139,500
- Lead Organization Unit: UN-Habitat, Regional Office for Africa (ROAF)
- One (1) GIS data center at JKP regional level
- Six (6) GIS data nodes in the counties
- Training Manual for certified course on data and information for planning and management
- Graduation List
- Criteria/Submission Details/ Documents Required
- Legal Status
- Certificate of registration/incorporation i.e.,
- Proof of registration in Country of Origin.
- Proof of registration of Country of operation
- Proof of country operational presence
- Organization profile and details
- Clear organization profile and structure of the organization indicating:
- Organization’s vision, mission and objectives
- Management structure
- Members of the Governing Board and their Designations duly certified by the Corporate Secretary, or its equivalent document
- Proof of membership to professional associations if any.
- Financial Capacity
- Audited company financial statements (balance sheet and income statement) and auditors report for the last two years
- Exclusive bank account
- Is the organization willing and able to have a separate bank account for the funds provided by UN-Habitat?
- Integrity and Governance
- The organization should complete and submit a signed Partner Declaration Form
- Provide the profiles of the Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Head of the Organization and Chief of Finance
- Interested Organizations must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochure, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc).
- The CFP and accompanying documents must be received in accordance with instructions provided. CFP submitted to a different email address other than the specified one will not be considered.
- CFP from applicants failing to provide the complete information to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria will be considered non-responsive.
- CFP received after the above deadline will not be considered
- Organizations will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the UN-Habitat IP Management policy and Standard Operating Procedures.
- CFP from applicants failing to provide the requested information will be disregarded.
- This CFP does not entail any commitment on the part of UN-Habitat, either financial or otherwise. UN-Habitat reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Proposals without incurring any obligation to inform the affected applicant(s) of the grounds.
- All prices must be in USD.
For more information, visit UN-Habitat.
Laisser un Commentaire