Operations Assistant – Egypt
Ship Management/Shipping Offshore Operations
Last application date: 29/12/2019
Svitzer is one of the world’s largest towage companies, owning and operating vessels in more than 40 countries and more than 150 ports and terminals across the globe. The company is growing rapidly both organically and through acquisitions. Svitzer is a wholly-owned part of the Maersk Group. For more information about the company, please visit www.svitzer.com.
Our towage operations of Svitzer Idku is looking to hire an Operations Assistant.
Based in Cairo, Egypt and reporting to the Country Manager, the successful applicant will provide Operational support for a fleet of vessels under direct management.
As an Operations Assistant you will be part of a highly engaged international team with ambitious business targets. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining a results driven and aggressive mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance. We pride ourselves on treating each other with respect and see our diversity as a genuine competitive advantage.
The position offers a unique opportunity for a pro-active and organized individual to exercise technical ability across a large operation and build a culture of operational excellence. This position will be able to draw from a well-developed toolbox within the Global Svitzer organization, selecting and applying practices from other parts of the world and applying in a local context.
A network of seasoned specialists across various geographies are your go-to peers for sparring and consultation. The AMEA Region currently operates vessels in ports and terminals in India, Egypt, Angola, Oman, Bahrain, Morocco, Liberia, Bangladesh, Qatar and Russia and is shortlisted for large projects in other geographies.
• Handle all documents and correspondence related to Operation and HSSEQ issues.
• Send weekly and monthly operation reports to client(s).
• Translate contracts, tenders and Bid Conditions.
• Assist in preparing tenders and contracts.
• Ensure HMS Policies are kept current and shore staff are aware of their implications.
• Translate and distribute new policies and procedures from AMEA Regional Office to our marine units.
• Organize weekly management meeting by attending, note minutes of meeting, invitations for the next management meeting and to upload meeting minutes on HMS.
• Prepare Safety Man of The Month Memo, letters and bonus receipts.
• Manage contractual documents arrangements.
• Upload and follow up vessel certificates for our local marine units and spot fleets on Crew Inspector System.
• Maintains the required HMS visits and inspections from management staff.
• Present monthly comprehensive report to Country Manager including Monthly Tug Masters reports.
• Support departments to close the finding actions in the OVMSA/ISM Office Internal Audit.
• Responsible for various monthly invoices and tracking reports.
• Assist HR in ad-hoc administration tasks.
• Any other duty assigned by the Country Manager
We are looking for
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration
Training and competencies
• Good command of the English language.
• Computer Skills (MS Windows Office)
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Secretarial Skills
• Able to work independently.
• Able to act with tact and discretion.
• Required years of experience: 2 years.