Save the Children recruits 01 Finance Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: Key Accountabilities
- Have essential knowledge of Finance and Accounting. Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear and have strong understanding of all of Donor’s and Save the Children’s regulations and policies, especially the core policies such as; Finance policies and procedures, Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- Coordinate with the Line manager to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line with SC policies and donor requirements.
- Manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports to Abuja as required. Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper) for the state office.
- Preparation and submission of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations to CO Abuja
- Help ensure that timely and accurate information is generated and disseminated accordingly to the project team, to inform activity planning and forecasts.
- Process all banking activities in the state office, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies & Donor requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorised and administered, in line with SC & Donor policies.
- Make statutory payments to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, WHT, and PENSION deduction and ensure adequate documentation is kept in the office.
- Conduct state level finance induction for all new staff on finance policies, systems and procedure
- Support the state teams to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements.
- In collaboration with the line manager support the training in financial management in accordance with SC’s financial management policies.
- In collaboration with the line manager support monthly budget phasing and annual pipeline analysis as well as BVA commentary for specific award.
- Review partners/sub-awardee financial report and reconcile partners/Sub-awardee Account (5200).
- Review transaction and bank transfer on Ecobank Omni platform, responsible for monthly recharges processing (Reversal and reclass) as well as daily matching of transaction on Aggresso.
- Act/ Cover for Finance Coordinator.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice) Accountability:
· accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility · high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
· holds self and others accountable Ambition · creating best-in-class EA function · future-orientated, thinks pro-actively Collaboration:
· working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals · excellent communication and interpersonal skills · builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners · approachable, good listener, easy to talk to Creativity: · designing more effective admin systems
· willing to take disciplined risks Integrity: · Honesty, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE Administrative & General Skills
· Essential Criteria
· Level of Education – B.Sc /HND or equivalent
· Specified Study Area – Finance / Accounts / Business Administration
· Desirable ACA and or ACCA qualification
· Knowledge and experience in working with USAID regulations · Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
· Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
· Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent · Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
· Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
· Professional certificate in accounting and finance
· Desirable Criteria
· Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
· Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
· Ability to be creative and proactivehealth service improvement is essential.