Deadline: 15 April 2020
The Rhode Island Foundation is currently seeking applications for Equity Action Grants.
(Ad) Are You Searching for Latest Grants, New Donors, Sample Proposals, Jobs and How to Apply Resources? fundsforNGOs Premium has all these and more at one place! Learn more.
- Small Grants
- Requests for up to $2,500 in funding may be submitted and are reviewed on a rolling basis to support short-term projects or one-time activities. Organizations can receive one small grant award per year. In general, the timeframe from submission of your application to funding decision will be six to ten weeks.
- Project and Capacity Building Grants
- Requests for between $2,500 and $10,000 may be submitted on an annual basis;
Equity Action project and capacity building grants are awarded annually to support:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Projects that meet the needs of the LGBTQ communities in Rhode Island;
- Board development, strategic planning, program development, nonprofit business development, fundraising, program evaluation, or other activities that build the capacity of organizations that play a vital and unique role in the LGBTQ communities;
- Organizations can receive one project or capacity building grant award from this program per year.
Equity Action will not make grants to:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, or religion;
- Fraternal organizations, unless in support of a specific program open to or benefitting the entire community;
- Fundraising events such as annual campaigns, walk-a-thons, tournaments, fashion shows, auctions, or dinners;
- Organizations with religious affiliations, unless the program is open to the entire community without regard to religious beliefs;
- Organizations and programs designed to elect candidates to public office;
- Organizations located outside Rhode Island unless for a specific program benefitting the residents of and conducted within Rhode Island;
- Pay off past debts and obligations;
- Endowment funds;
- Academic scholarships, fellowships, and travel grants;
- Capital support, unless it is limited to equipment needs where there is a demonstrated programmatic benefit Program or organizational start-up funding, unless a funding plan is in place and sustainability beyond the one-year grant period is likely.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Equity Action funds a variety of initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Increasing advocacy capacity to address policy issues that affect the LGBTQ community (statewide or at the local level);
- Developing skills and processes to build effective partnerships, coalitions, and alliances to increase program operation and effectiveness;
- Providing community education.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called « Deadline Calendar. » This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- All agencies and associations proposing to serve the needs of Rhode Island’s LGBTQ communities are encouraged to apply, whether or not the agency is LGBTQ-focused. The Foundation strongly encourage applications from all-volunteer and grassroots organizations, and they acknowledge that many may not have grantwriting experience;
- Have a board-approved policy regarding staff (volunteer or paid) employment, the election of a governing board, and provision of services that mandates non-discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or national origin;
- Be incorporated as 501(c) nonprofit organizations or be sponsored by an umbrella 501(c) organization. Units of local or state government are also eligible grant recipients. Groups that have not yet applied for or received a determination of their nonprofit status may work through a fiscal sponsor.
How to Apply
Applications must be submited online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://rifoundation.org/grant/equity-action-grants