Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines, and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 342 students and employs 102 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, Microsoft and Société Générale, and also receives support from individual donors.
In the Philippines, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2009 with a training center based in Cebu in the central region of the Visayas. PN Philippines offers a two years and a half vocational training program for young people in precarious situations.
The Startup Weeks consist of lectures and workshops on entrepreneurship given to students during their summer break from their core training at the university. Its aim is to provide students with entrepreneurship skills that would apply the technical training that they have had thus far and to give students new ideas illustrating the power of
starting something with just a computer and internet.
Students taking part in this training are those who have just finished their first academic year in the university. At this point, they would have basic knowledge of computers, algorithms, networking, database, and programming in Java. In this mission, the students should get awareness of the possibilities of them starting their own business
using their future technological know-how.
The mission of the trainer include enlightening the students on the difficulties, opportunities, risks, and rewards of venturing a startup; leading and assisting the students in creating their own (mock) startup idea and development plan; and organizing a general presentation at the end of the two weeks where students have to pitch their
idea to a jury panel, including business plan, market studies, marketing strategies, wireframe, etc.
Before the Mission
● To collaborate with the IT & Training team in preparing the course outline, daily lesson plan, materials, etc. for the entire Startup Weeks
During the Mission
● To prepare and facilitate the workshops every day with other volunteers and local staff
● To constantly update the PN staff, especially the Training and Education team, of the students’ performance, attendance, motivation, and behavior which will eventually be one of the bases for creating new and
balanced groups for their university training
● To engage in cultural exchange and be a supportive and guiding professional figure to students who come from precarious backgrounds and come from economically disadvantaged and/or dysfunctional families
● To coach the students as they position their startup as a business and as they prepare for the mock and final demo
● To evaluate the output of the student during the Startup Weeks
4. PROFILE / COMPETENCIES OF THE VOLUNTEERS
● Ideally with previous experience in launching or founding a technological startup, else, previous experience in one of the following roles in a startup: Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Management
● Knowledge about Project Management, SCRUM and/or Lean Startup methodologies
● Strong oral and written communication skills in English
● Strong interest in education, and working with young, underprivileged adults
● Interest in NGO contexts and sensitivity to different cultures
Pour publier des offres d'emploi sur Concoursn.com, veuillez les envoyer à email@example.com
Pour voir le résumé des offres au Sénégal chaque jour, veuillez vous abonner à la chaine youtube Rebranding Sénégal https://www.youtube.com/c/moussakayre