Maersk Line recrute 01 Collector Senegal
- Expérience: 2 ans
- Expire le: 18-01-2019
Transports et logistique
Local Commodity Trading
Last application date: 18/1/2019
Maersk Senegal is looking to hire a Collector to join our team. The Collector will work closely with our colleagues in GSC in line with the MLOS minimum standard meeting requirements – being on top of collection manage the total outstanding, DSO and on account. Will ensure to follow up all the payments to be applied on time and correctly. Ensure demurrage/detention tariffs in CXED are updated correctly and free time extensions are done timely. Make weekly reconciliation on the different accounts and the corresponding system balance and clearing aged outstanding items. Follow up the dunning policy. Monitor waivers. Manage credit customers and make sure agreed conditions are respected. Preparing reports for management on the overall image of the outstanding every week and handling any query. Share statements with customers and follow up collection and Manage refunds.
i. Results orientation
ii. Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
iii. Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
iv. Creating network within the global organization
v. Understand market and customer drivers
vi. Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk organization
• Dispatch reconciled statement together with the invoices to the customer.
• On time to time send reconciled statement of accounts upon request from customers or other stake holders.
• Handle customer disputes in coordination with relevant desk to ensure the issue is resolved.
• Attend the weekly Collection meeting with Cluster Collection Lead to provide a detailed report for all overdue amounts and discuss about the dashboard/scorecard results.
• In coordination with GSC OTC team to perform waiver and write off after getting proper approvals.
• Visit the customer premises whenever needed and follow up for payment for the overdue invoices.
• Support Bank team for payment application.
• Perform Daily cash reconciliation.
• Monitor credit client accounts in accordance to credit policy by ensuring compliance with credit terms.
Secondary Areas of Responsibility
• Identify areas of improvement for the collection process and pro-actively engage with the direct manager and stakeholders to explore same.
• Make sure the free time and the rates are reviewed periodically and that challenges are highlighted to the team lead for remedial actions.
Reasoning and Communication Skills
• Support the standardization of global collections process and ensure clear
communication of relevant processes with cluster stakeholders.
• Be able to make sound decisions supported by facts and data available through banks, financial reports, and historical behaviours with the group.
• Ensure all credit processes are completed accurately with high attention to details and where necessary, relevant level of additional investigation.
We are looking for
• A financial educational background as degree in Finance, Accounting or a Chartered Accountant qualification.
• Prior proven experience (at least 2 years) in a similar function or in a consulting firm
• Can influence without authority
• Preferably experienced in working closely with offshore teams in service centres.
• Speaking French and being fluent in English
• Strong Analytical skills
• Professional and focused on processes