Maersk Line recruits 01 Counter Agent
Counter Agent – Liberia
Last application date: 18/4/2019
Liberia is one of the few English speaking West African countries with a population of four million people approximately. The population is largely concentrated in the capital, Monrovia, where most of the economic activities of the country take place and where most businesses are located around the vibrant freeport which serves as a gateway to Liberia.
Maersk in Liberia plays a major role in the container business and is committed to equality, employment, equity and diversity. Its also has an adequate coverage in Liberia with presence of Safmarine and Maersk
Liberia belongs to the Côte d’Ivoire Area, which includes offices in Côte d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Burkina Faso, with its head office located in Abidjan
Maersk Liberia is looking to hire a Counter Agent to join our team in Monrovia. The role of the Customer Service Agent is to own and manage the experience of Customers in all transactions at the Counter.
The Counter Agent is also expected to identify and bring forward opportunities for improvement of customer experience and efficiency in the processes at the Counter, in compliance with all company procedures and regulatory requirements.
• An international, open and engaging working environment.
• Experience a truly value and team-based leadership
• The chance to work alongside a dynamic and motivated team of Customer Service
• A role with plenty of room to create your own impact.
• The opportunity to manage a portfolio of customers with responsibility for the end-to-end shipping process, from quoting to delivery of the cargo at destination.
• Administers the release of documents and cargo
• Ensures Counter services are delivered to customers as promised and/or proactively keep them informed of relevant deviations including proposal of solutions or alternatives.
• Continuously explore avenues for service improvements and how we can increase efficiency or increase our customers’ experience.
• Be the primary point of contact for Customers and forwarders for Counter requests and ensure they feel pleased, cared for and trusted in all their interactions with Maersk.
• Ensure Customers information are always up to date in our records and collect missing details when needed
• Act as a link between customers and internal stakeholders to ensure high standards of service in line with their expectations
• Proactively seek feedback from customers on issues they have faced with Maersk and work actively with team to ensure such issues aren’t repeated
• Pull and analyze MQ reports on counter turn time and take measures with relevant stakeholders to ensure improvement of the lead time.
• Proactively promote and drive awareness and utilization of Maersk E-Com tools self-service channels.
• Always behave in a manner consistent with and loyal to the A.P. Moller – Maersk values
We are looking for
• Bachelor degree
• 2-3 years’ experience in Customer Service or Customer facing role
• Good communication skills
• Problem solving skills with focus customer satisfaction and attention to details
• Team player
• Good organizational skills with understanding of prioritization
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.