Invest in Africa recruits 01 Project Manager
Invest in Africa plans to engage a Project Manager (PM) in anticipation of a Business Linkage Program in Senegal. The PM will focus on increasing the number of partnerships between Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and large companies in Senegal by improving the quality of local business goods and services, raising corporate standards and removing barriers preventing SMEs from accessing new clients/export markets, finance and skills.
The Project Manager will be responsible for Managing the AfDB funded program in line with the Key Performance Indicators and managing the Key Financing Partner.
Programme Management and Operations
- Provide overall management and coordination of all work streams including Technical and Operations in the mobilisation and delivery of program results.
- Directly line-manage the project team including delivery partners, consultants, Business Advisory and quality assurance.
- Raise interest amongst IIA Partners’ supply chains to register on the program,
- Recruit SMEs onto the program and identify their training needs in line with the programme specifics.
- Write progress reports for internal and external use according to the standard or specifications required by donor and Fund Managers or as may be required by the IIA leadership.
- Participate and lead program related workshops, review meetings, training and community engagements.
- Anticipate risk and take steps to mitigate them.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Manage all areas of M&E, to ensure that internal monitoring is carried out effectively and that external impact evaluations are being conducted in the manner intended.
- Develop and track relevant Project documents and systems such as the Logframe, M&E Framework and monitoring tools.
- Apply the internal monitoring and evaluation system in collaboration with the project team to ensure accurate record keeping, adequate and relevant data collection and analysis.
- Ensure the documentation of lessons learned and best practices are shared through internal and external IIA knowledge sharing forums.
- Manage the relationship and deliverables of the external evaluation partner in line with donor requirements.
Managing partners, suppliers and stakeholders
- Work with the Consultants and key stakeholders to ensure Project sustainability.
- Sustain positive partnerships and networking relationships with key stakeholders on projects to achieve overall objectives.
- Integrate Partners’ commitment (in kind or cash) of training support to the programme and ensure they deliver.
- Update stakeholders including IIA steering committee boards and donors,
- Actively communicate and maintain good working relationships with external suppliers and consultants who collaborate with Invest in Africa in various ways in the delivery of our Skills Development Programs
- Highlight best practices emerging from project at sector platforms and other relevant public events.
- Manage key stakeholders including donors to guarantee continued interest in funding IIA Skills programs
- Convey the Business Linkage Programme advisory board to get their commitment and support in the delivery of programs and achieve overall objectives.
Procurement and Contract Management
- Lead in all procurement activities in line with AfDB procurement guidelines
- Manage program contract to achieve the desired outcomes
- Lead in the selection of implementing firms for the project
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant degree in, Project Management, Development studies or similar related or relevant fields, although other degrees will be considered in light of candidate’s experience.
- Minimum of 5 years field experience in Private Sector Development with NGOs in developing countries
- Previous experience of budget and procurement management within donor funded project
Key skills & Competencies
- Strong project management skills and experience managing donor funded projects
- Highly functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Strong people management skills and experience in line managing teams
- Skills and experience in external stakeholder engagement including donors, government and private sector and experiences with coordination of multi-stakeholder forums
- Knowledge and experience of supply chain management is essential
- Experience managing AfDB funded projects and good understanding of AfDB procurement rules.
- Experience running a capacity building program from design through to successful completion
- 6-8 years’ industry experience
- Skills in report writing and monitoring and evaluation
- Bilingual French – English
- Self-starter and team player with high standards
- Ability to multitask and work under some level of pressure
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and with multi- and interdisciplinary teams
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Closing date august 31,2021.