HI recruits 01 External Benchmark Consultant
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. The organization works alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI works in around sixty countries in emergency, rehabilitation, chronic crisis and development contexts. Since 1982, the organization has been working alongside vulnerable populations, in particular people with disabilities. Our combat is guided by HI’s vision, mission, and values.
Handicap International is the co-recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997 for its work on the International Campaign to Ban Landmines. It also won the 2011 Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize, for its commitment to people with disabilities living in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict, and natural disasters.
HI has a headquarter in Brussels since 1982, it counts 69 employees divided in two entities:
- The National Association aiming at promoting and communicating around HI operations in Belgium, as well as conducting fundraising activities with targeted audiences (private donors, companies, public institutions, etc.)
- The Federation conducts HI operations on the field, in close link with the main HQ office in France
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
HI is looking for a competent external expertise/consultancy to lead a benchmarking analysis and provide recommendations on the current benefits package among INGOs based in Brussels.
About Belgium remuneration policy: The current remuneration policy is dated from XX, it encompasses job weighing criteria, and an associated salary scale. Salary positioning is also done through a specific weighing tool, which combines individual criteria.
The last benchmarking analysis was done in 2018.
At global level, HI is planning to review its job classification and to harmonise all HQs’ systems, but this project will not be finalised before 2023.
Meanwhile, as a quick-win, HI Belgium would like to analyse the market to determine its current positioning.
This analysis should address the 2 following sub-objectives:
Internal Equity: To ensure consistency of our salary structure, we look at the level by job type, keeping in mind the salary structure in France
External Equity: To have a competitive wage structure in line with the existing market rates for jobs in Belgium
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will have to lead a comprehensive benchmark analysis within 60 days including recommendations, the report should include data analysis and a narrative report.
Your general objectives in this consultancy are to compile and analyze benchmarking data, as well as to make recommendations. Your missions will be:
- To identify INGOs /Non-Profit Organizations) in Belgium with which comparisons may be made.
- To compile available benchmarking data: the 2021 salary survey (employment register) carried out by FEONG is available. HI is also participating in Birches survey, and you will have access to the results of the survey. Both surveys are partially representative of the market we operate in, so we would be keen to analyze the gaps and seek additional benchmark data (by contacting the identified organization directly, or by contacting specialized external provider for additional data)
You will carry out the benchmark on the basis of “Total package” which includes gross salary and all benefits (transportation allowances, meal vouchers, bonuses if any, health insurance, telework allowance and any other social benefits).
- To analyze benchmarking data: you identify HI’s positioning in the market, you provide a detailed analysis of current benefits package and analyze the gaps between salary levels for certain positions and market trends.
- To provide recommendation: you organize workshops and meetings with HR and staff rep to present results and recommendations on the basis of our objectives, and our budget constraints, provide recommendations on the adjustment of the salary grid, as well as on the improvement of the salary positioning tool.
- You communicate the results of the survey: internally with the management team, the staff representatives and if necessary with the NGO’s that participated in the survey.
- You have experience in HR management, salary grid revision, salaries benchmarking and HR policies development or update
- Interested parties may submit “Expressions of Interest – Belgium Benchmarking HI” including their profiles and indicating details of experience in handling similar assignments.
- Individuals/Organizations must present their bids as follows:
- A Curriculum vitae of the assigned personnel (max. 3 pages)
- A cover letter (max. 1 page) highlighting experiences in HR management, salary grid revision, salaries benchmarking and HR policies development or update
- Proposed methodology (max. 3 pages) and timeline for the assignment detailing the outputs and approaches as well as the exact schedule (with dates of availability)
- A financial quotation, indicating a daily fee (EUR) per full working day, as well as the number of estimated working days. The financial quotation should be all taxes included.
- Applications are to be sent by e-mail to : email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the association: www.hi.org