HI recruits 01 Emergency Livelihood Manager
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
With the objective of ensuring an efficient response to emergencies and humanitarian crises, HI has put in place an Emergency Response team
The emergency pool is composed of 5 emergency specialists (Area Manager, Logistics manager, Finance and HR manager, MHPSS manager, Physical Rehabilitation Manager and Livelihood Manager) under the hierarchical management of the area manager/pool manager.
The emergency pool sits in the emergency division under the management of an emergency response manager based in headquarter.
The emergency division is composed of a team of 16 persons: one team in charge of the monitoring, alert and emergency preparedness and one team in charge of the emergency responses at HQ and field level.
In order to ensure a relevant, timely and efficient response to acute crisis, the Emergency division of HI has the role to ensure the monitoring, preparedness and response to man-made and natural disasters.
The emergency division may lead some emergency response or support the geographic division to respond to new disaster depending on the intensity of the crisis and the capacity of the program in place.
The emergency pool is composed of a team of emergency experts, ready to deploy within 72 hours. Their role is:
1) To conduct diagnosis and launch new emergency operations in the field
2) To support pre-established programs and teams to respond to new disaster in the field
3) To contribute to lessons learned exercises, technical methodology and guidance, tool kits in coordination of the Emergency Division team members, Shared services divisions and technical divisions at HQ level.
Under the responsibility of the Emergency Area Manager and in close coordination with the HQ Emergency livelihood Specialist, you are in charge of:
1) Participating to initial diagnosis of the emergency response operations following a humanitarian crisis;
2) Leading and coordinating livelihood operations deployment in the framework of new program or area/project opening following a disaster, in accordance with Humanity & Inclusion´s rules and standards and those of its donors. Distribution activities may cover other sectors than emergency livelihoods such as wash, shelter or NFI if the action is deemed relevant;
3) Representing and promoting Humanity & Inclusion´s mandate in the framework of the emergency responses in your field of expertise;
4) Contributing to the institutional capitalization and participate in the development and update of Humanity & Inclusion´s emergency methodologies, procedures, tools and trainings.
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION:
|Ville||Basé à Lyon ou Bruxelles|
|Experience||0 à 3 ans|
|Fonctions||Gestion de projets/programmes|
|Pays||Europe, France, Belgique|
|Comment postuler||Only by the following link:
|Postuler en ligne||https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/en/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=3458&idpartenaire=130|
|Date de fin de validité||15/09/2019|