Hellen KELLER International recrute 01 Africa Regional Director of Operations (ARDO)
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 19 Juin 2017
Description de l’offre
Hellen KELLER International
Established in 1915 with Helen Keller as a founding trustee, Helen Keller International (HKI) is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the world’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI has an operating budget of some $80 million and currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
Africa Regional Overview
HKI’s programs in Africa have a long history, going back more than 30 years. We are currently implementing regional, multi-country and country specific projects in 13 countries in Africa.
With about 630 staff and an annual operating budget of over $45 million, HKI’s programs in Africa are funded by a mix of government, corporate and foundation donors, including, USAID, Global Affairs Canada, Irish Aid, Margaret A. Cargill Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.
Funding for the programs is generated through country, regional and headquarters fundraising efforts, as well as through HKI’s affiliate, HKI Europe.
The country offices are supervised and supported directly by the Africa Regional Office (AFRO) team, and multi-country program managers, most of whom are based at the regional office in Dakar. The regional office is also responsible for all regional partner relations including regional UN offices, regional economic communities, African Union, regional health organizations, etc.
HKI is seeking a Regional Director of Operations to lead, develop and provide oversight of the Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology and other administrative functions in country and regional offices in Africa.
Reporting to the Vice President (VP), Africa, the Africa Regional Director of Operations (ARDO) serves as a member of both the Regional Management Team and the organization-wide Senior Management Team. In addition, the position has a strong dotted line relationship to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at the US headquarters and is a member of a global Finance leadership team. The ARDO also works closely with the HQ-based VP, IT and Operations Systems, the VP, Human Resources, compliance experts and members of their teams to ensure alignment across all areas under his/her purview.
• Minimum MBA or comparable degree with 10 – 15 years’ experience in an operations leadership and management role, with several being in an international NGO environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of the synergy between the programmatic, operational and financial components of public health initiatives.
• Substantial experience with a variety of donors such as USAID, Global Affairs Canada, Irish Aid, UKAid, World Bank, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, among others.
• Demonstrated experience with INGO reporting, financial management, procurement, logistics and project management and procedures including demonstrated ability to develop and monitor budgets, and collaboratively manage operational activities of complex programs including sub-grant management.
• Demonstrated attention to financial anti-corruption efforts.
• Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills. An ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and coach and mentor staff;
•Ability and willingness to work in challenging and changing environments, and to see through challenges and find solutions
Communication and language skills:
– Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact as demonstrated in previous roles that required communication with a broad and diverse set of partners such as government, civil society, international organizations, community and political leaders
– Excellent oral and written French and English skills required.
– Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, and to summarize the information succinctly – both verbally and in writing, using an engaging style.
– Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management and other groups.
– Demonstrated knowledge of the application of information technologies to HKI financial and operation areas. Advanced Excel skills a strong plus.
– An ability to maintain balance when under stress
Demonstrable respect for all persons regardless of religion, ethnicity, class or gender, with a high comfort level working in a diverse environment with a demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
Residence in or willingness to relocate to Dakar, Senegal.
– bility and willingness to travel within the region plus occasional trips to HQ, up to 25% of the time
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the following link:
Coordonnées de l’offre
HKI.Recruitment@hki.org noting the job title in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.