Handicap International recruits 01 Project Manager Victime Assistance – IRAQ
Place: IRAQ (Mosul)
Length: 6 months
Starting date: 20/12/2020
Closing date for applications: 06/12/2020
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI has been registered and operational in the Kurdish Region of Iraq (KRI) since 1991, implementing development programming, in order to advocate for the rights of persons with disabilities and improve their access to services through support to Disabled Persons Organizations (DPOs). Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs. HI has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors.
In line with HI Iraq’s Operational Strategy for the period 2017-2020, the global objective of HI programming in Iraq is to enhance the protection and resilience of conflict-affected communities in Iraq; an objective achieved through an operational framework of three central pillars:
1- Arms Risk Reduction: Reduce the impact of the Conventional Weapon (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) for conflict-affected populations through Risk Education and land release
2- Health: Improve access to specific services for the most vulnerable people whose physical and functional and/or psychological integrity is compromised, through the provision of physical rehabilitation and Mental Health/Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services
3- Access to Essential Services: Ensure equal access to essential services, protection and basic needs for all conflict-affected populations, including persons with disabilities
These pillars are complemented by three crosscutting themes: a comprehensive approach to mine action, inclusion mainstreaming, and protection mainstreaming.
The Ninewa response grew significantly in 2017, evolving in a very complex and challenging context. Mosul city faced heavy destruction and over 1.6 million people remain internally displaced in Iraq, 287,856 of which are in Ninewa governorate, with over 1,677,912 returnees.
HI works in camps with mobile teams and in health centres to implement emergency physical rehabilitation activities, psychosocial and psychological support, and inclusion and risk education activities. HI is also delivering an early recovery project in schools, focused on building community-based RE and PSS structures.
The position provides an opportunity to manage a comprehensive multi sector response at a key moment as the humanitarian response focuses on recovery and reconstruction. Moreover, due COVID pandemic and impact on vulnerable population, HI started to implement COVID response activities.
Reporting to the Ninewa Area Manager, the Project Manager contributes to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Handicap International – Iraq Mission. He/she is in charge of implementing the project under his responsibility. He/she ensures optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country by means of a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. With all HI managers, he/she shares responsibility for the sound management and effective functioning of the global organisation.
The main responsibilities of the Project Manager are the following:
- Team management
- Expertise and technical coordination
- Implementation and monitoring
- Influence and communication
- Strategy and business development
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a Bachelor degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Project Management, Health Care Management, Health Economics, Middle Eastern Studies, Humanitarian Assistance, Social or Health Sciences or a relevant subject. A Master’s degree in any of these fields is a strong asset
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts, including 2 years of experience in project management
- You have experience of working in insecure and hardship environments
- You have proven managerial experience
- Previous coordination experience with healthcare facilities, local authorities, INGOs and clusters is a strong asset
- Previous experience in Iraq or in another Middle Eastern country is a strong asset
- You have strong communication skills
- You are autonomous and able to work under pressure
- English is mandatory. Arabic is a strong asset
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
The security situation in Ninewa area is affected by criminal activity, presence of multiple armed groups and access restrictions.
Movements are limited to pre-validated places (other INGOs Guest houses, few restaurants). Possibility to spend one weekend in Erbil all the three Weeks.
Trips to program activities require prior security approval by security manager. Phone and GPS tracking procedures are in place for all the movements.
Living conditions: Individual room in a guesthouse. Limited access to shops close to the Guest house.
- Starting date : 20/12/2020
- Length of the contract: 6 months
- Employee status, according to experience:
- Salary from 2214 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 530€ net/month
- Hardship allowance : 500€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : Level 2 : 5 days every 3 months
- Status : position open to unaccompanied
- Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Laisser un Commentaire