Geres recruits 01 Switch garment project manager
Created in 1976, Geres is an international development NGO which works to improve living conditions and fight against climate change and its impacts. As a field player, the energy transition is a major lever for its action. For ambitious societal change, Geres encourages the development and dissemination of innovative and local solutions, it supports climate-energy regional policies and it mobilizes all the players around Climate Solidarity by encouraging them to act and support the most vulnerable.
In Southeast Asia, Geres has 25 years of experience in providing locally adapted, affordable and transferable energy solutions, with a focus on wood and biomass energy, to improve the resilience and the livelihoods of rural communities, empower local stakeholders and contribute to the sustainable management of natural resources.
Geres is currently working in Cambodia and Myanmar with ambition to pursue portfolio development in those 2 countries but also to start operational activities in other countries in the region.
Geres is currently implementing 2 main actions in Cambodia. The first one aims to develop a sustainable charcoal value chain. The other one, SWITCH Garment aims at promoting energy efficiency practices and investment in the garment industry.
The SWITCH Garment began in May 2020 and will last until May 2024. 30 factories have already been signed up to the project. The project is led by the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), in partnership with Geres and the Garment Manufacturers Association of Cambodia (GMAC). It is financed by the European Union, for a total budget of 2.5 M EUR, with a share of about 1M EUR for Geres. Geres has technical role in the project, being involved mainly in:
- Supporting energy audits;
- Providing technical recommendations for energy efficiency improvements;
- Training staff tasked with energy management in garment factories;
- Monitoring implemented improvements made by the factories;
In order to demonstrate the potential benefits of adopting more sustainable energy practices, through showcasing replicable examples. Geres will also be tasked to collect, analyze and disseminate lessons learned of the project, among garment industry stakeholders in Cambodia and abroad.
Under the supervision and authority of Geres Executive Director, the SWITCH Garment project manager/ will be in charge of defining relevant project objectives and ensuring their achievement, through proper project cycle management, efficient financial management, development of sound partnerships and identification of new project outlooks.
Furthermore, the project manager will also act as country representative of Geres in Cambodia. In this capacity, he/she will work under the supervision and authority of the Executive Director . His/her mission will be to streamline the regional strategy and supervise its implementation at the country level, in collaboration with the Cambodia-based teams and interacting with the regional management.
He/she works in strict coordination with Financial Controller based in the HQ
He/she manages and supervises the local country team.
As SWITCH Garment Project Manager
- Project Cycle Management
- Project partnerships management:
- Supervise the administrative, logistical and financial management of the project:
- Manage and animate the project and team at country level
- Ensure communication and representation for the project
- Contribute to the development of project activities
As Cambodia Country Representative
- Oversee implementation of the other Geres Cambodia projects
- Support the design and the implementation of the Country Strategy in line with Geres Southeast Asia (GSA) regional strategy
- Develop the project portfolio in the country in line with the Country Strategy
- Geres’ representation, partnership management and country mission oversight
- Ensure country-level security management
Expériences / Formation
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Development, Political Science, Energy, Environmental studies or other related field s is required
- A Degree in Engineering, Development Economics or Renewable energy is appreciated
- 3-year minimum prior experience as a project manager in the international development sector is required
- Previous experience dealing with private sector, particularly working in industry, is appreciated
- Previous experience in South-east Asia is an asset
- Previous experience as a Country Representative is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish contact with people from different background and cultures
- Comfortable with high-level governmental/institutional and private sector relationships
- Proficiency in Project Cycle Management, Logical Framework Development, M&E
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the energy-climate nexus in developing countries
- Familiarity with inclusion issues and methods
- Organization and attention to detail especially meeting deadlines
- Team player with capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English both written and spoken is a must
- Intermediate knowledge of French
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in energy projects in the development sector, in particular related to energy efficiency and biomass energy
- Working knowledge of gender principles and main applied tools in the development sector
- Knowledge of Theory of Change
- Knowledge and willingness to learn about industrial processes
- Knowledge of training process and capacity building
- 12 months contract (renewable)
- Full time with days off in lieu (16 days in 2021)
- Starting date: November 2021
- Position based in Phnom Penh, with occasional travels to project locations
- Salary based upon profile, experience and Geres salary grid (gross salary between 2 550€ and 3 120 €)
- 26 paid leaves per year
- 620 USD expatriation allowance (paid locally), luggage indemnity (240€/adult – 120€/child), move allowance (500€ for single or couple – 800€ for family)
- annual leaves bonus, health insurance (50% covered by Geres), retirement (if not eligible for French retirement system a monthly pension fund of around 300-350€ will be guaranteed), unemployment, repatriation insurance
- 1 air ticket/year (country of residence – country of work)
- Family policy (school fees, expatriation allowance, luggage indemnity, move allowance, air ticket, health and repatriation insurance)
To apply, please fill in the form online via the following link http://job.geres.eu/?action=ref&id=119 and attach your résumé (no more than 3 pages) and cover letter. Selected applicants will be called for an interview.