FAO recrute 01 Assistant FAOR (Programme)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 1902508
Assistant FAOR (Programme)
Closure Date: 30/Oct/2019, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRETH
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: NPO (National Professional Officer)
Grade Level: N-3.
Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
Duration: Fixed term: 1 YEAR with possibility of extension
Post Number: 0902292
CCOG Code: 1A02
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
• People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) reports to the FAO Representative (FAOR).
Programme development and management, coordination and operational support based on the knowledge of the local conditions, culture, language and institutions of the country of assignment.
Effective and efficient management and coordination of the technical and operational support of the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation.
Advises and liaises with government authorities, local, national and international institutions in the areas of FAO’s activities and other UN agencies. Represents FAO at interagency meetings;
Promotes the image of FAO through advocacy of the Organization’s mandate, programmes, national priorities and activities including the coordination of development and maintenance of communication tools such as website, press releases and publications; provides FAO’s information, knowledge and resources to government, NGOs, the private sector and other local entities on food, nutrition and agriculture situations; and supports the implementation of FAO’s regulatory frameworks (Codex Alimentarius, Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, Safe Use of Pesticides, etc.) in the country;
Coordinates and manages the maintenance of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries including information on external aid in FAO’s corporate systems and monitor and communicate changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector;
Produces technical, economic and policy studies as required and participates in the development of country level development frameworks such as the Country Programming Framework (CPF) and the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF);
Identifies, formulates and prepares programme and project proposals, monitors and reviews the status of the programme/project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document; identifies inconsistencies and delays and submits proposals to the FAOR on how to improve results and increase efficiency;
Briefs, trains and supervises lower grade level programme staff regarding all aspects of the job. Ensures adherence to procedures and work requirements and accuracy and diligence of the work provided.
Performs other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
National of the country of assignment
Advanced university degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, forestry, fisheries, or any other field related to the work of the Organization
Five years of relevant experience in agricultural development and/or project implementation in an area of FAO’s activities in the country
Level C of the official communication language used for FAO communication with the country (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian)
Working knowledge of the local language (if not English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese
Limited knowledge of ( Level B) of English if the main communication language is French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese
Building effective relationships
Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project development and management
Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and functions of the technical programme, operational guidelines and project/programme management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO
Extent and relevance of experience in the field of policy analysis relating to food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development OR extent and relevance of experience in the collection of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries
Extent and relevance of experience in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals as well as programme/project implementation, monitoring and review
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• AFAORs shall be granted fixed-term appointments for such period or periods as the Organization may determine and having an expiration date specified in the letter of appointment or extension. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the total length of service shall not exceed five years. Appointments, including extensions, do not carry any expectation of renewal or of conversion to another type of appointment. However, this does not preclude the incumbents from applying to other positions in the Organization
• Staff members in this category are recruited locally and paid according to a local salary scale. Salary scales are reviewed periodically on the basis of comprehensive surveys of the best prevailing conditions of employment in the locality.
• FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link: https://icsc.un.org/Resources/SAD/Booklets/sabeng.pdf
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
• elements of family-friendly policies
• flexible working arrangements
• standards of conduct
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Job at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills;
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
• Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
• Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list;
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
• Incomplete applications will not be considered;
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT