DRC recruits 01 Regional Head of Programme (WANALAC)
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Regional Head of Programme for the West Africa North Africa and Latin America and Caribbean Region (WANALAC).
DRC has been providing relief and development services in West Africa since 1998 and in Latin America and the Caribbean since 2011. Using a human rights framework, the DRC WANALAC operation focuses on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, migrants, and host communities in Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Libya, Mali, Mexico, Niger, Nigeria, Tunisia, Venezuela. Led by the Regional Executive Director, the DRC WANALAC oversees, supports, and provides strategic directions for DRC’s Country Offices within the above-mentioned regions. The WANALAC Regional office also supports multi-country projects and non-operational initiatives, focusing on protection analysis and displacement trends, civil society engagement, as well as advocacy and policy initiatives related to displacement. DRC portfolio in the WANALAC region covers all DRC core sectors (Protection, Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding, Shelter and CCCM) through the entire response framework (Emergency response, Durable Solutions and Root causes).
About the job
The Regional Head of Program reports to and works closely with the Regional Executive Director to provide leadership, management and strategic program direction for the region and country operations, and in promoting programmatic and operational compliance and development. The RHOP supports quality regional and country programming by providing and mobilizing regional technical support for the country operations and program teams hosted within the region. The Regional Head of Programme is part of DRC Regional Senior Management Team and has direct line-management of the programme technical regional Coordinators, Program Development and Quality Coordinator, MEAL regional Coordinator, Mixed Migration Centre Manager, Program assistant.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Strategic and programmatic development
- Supports the Regional Executive Director in providing overall strategic leadership, including the development and implementation of regional strategic priorities.
- Assumes specific responsibility for coordinating, developing and overseeing the implementation of programmatic strategies for the WANALAC region. In this capacity, the position ensures strategic coherence and vision in alignment with the organization and monitors key displacement-related trends and issues that may impact DRC programming or operations.
- In coordination with the region’s country offices, provides technical support and review of country-level program and technical strategies.
- In collaboration with the Regional Program Development and Quality Coordinator, oversees all regional, multi-country and strategic country new business development processes. This entails ensuring the implementation of a regional fundraising strategy and ensuring that regional and multi-country proposals are well written, professionally presented, have undergone technical review by relevant sector focal points, are reflective of best practices and are in line with DRC’s regional and global strategies.
- Together with regional and country technical coordinators, supports in planning and facilitation of scoping missions and assessments for new programming and new geographic areas of operation.
Project cycle management
- In collaboration with the implementing teams, ensures that planning and kick-off meetings are held for all new multi-country, regional and strategic country projects. This entails ensuring responsible staff develop and regularly update work plans, financial forecasts, procurement plans, and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Supports DRC’s country teams to uphold rigorous project cycle management principles through the provision of technical advice, including support with the development of project cycle management tools.
- Collaborates with country teams to organize and facilitate quarterly program reviews of selected projects
Program quality and accountability
- Contributes to organizational risk management processes, including systematic and comprehensive identification and mitigation of risks, with a particular focus on programmatic and reputational risks.
- Works closely with DRC’s global MEAL team to develop MEAL capacity and systems at the regional and country levels and to support compliance and adherence to minimum standards and best practices.
- Collaborates with country teams to develop and implement programmatic policies, processes, and standards to promote program quality and accountability.
- Identifies and supports ongoing improvements to program quality standards, including application and harmonization across countries.
- Ensures DRC’s values and code of conduct are respected and upheld within programming and the program teams.
- Manages the regional program team and support respectful and positive working relationships. This is to be achieved through leadership, team building, day-to-day support and capacity-building.
- Supports and participates in relevant regional and country program-related recruitment processes.
- In collaboration with the regional senior management team, ensures relevant program staffing structures are in place at the regional level.
- Promotes professional development by identifying training and capacity building opportunities and ensure program staff are well versed in core sector concepts, DRC’s code of conduct, accountability, respectful dialogue with the refugee population, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Collaborates closely with the Regional Executive Director to represent the region to donors, partner agencies and other key stakeholders, particularly in relation to DRC programming.
- Supports the RED in advocacy and communication initiatives, where necessary.
To be successful in this role we expect you to possess the following:
- Master’s degree in a social science or other relevant subject
- Minimum of 7 years of experience at a senior level, preferably with an INGO. Experience working in WANALAC is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated programmatic knowledge and field experience in protection, economic recovery and other core humanitarian sectors.
- Demonstrated programmatic knowledge and field experience in Peacebuilding will be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in the development of programmatic strategies as well as the design of complex and multi-sector programming.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, networking and coordination, including with donors, governmental representatives and other organizations.
- Experience implementing and supporting accountability policies and mechanisms.
- Political and cultural sensitivity as well as patience, tact, diplomacy and persistence.
- Willingness to travel across the WANALAC region.
- Excellent written and spoken French is required.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a strong preference
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 2 years
Designation of Duty Station: Dakar with frequent travel to field offices in Mali, Burkina, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, CAR, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico.
Start date: July 2022
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered. Please find the vacancy here.
Closing date for applications: 1 May 2022
The screening process for this position is on rolling basis, so early submission of applications is encouraged. DRC remains a right to close the vacancy once a suitable candidate is identified.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Laisser un Commentaire