Commonwealth Climate Research Cohort 2021 for Emerging Research Leaders (Fully-funded to COP26 in Glasgow)
Deadline: February 10, 2021
The Commonwealth Climate Research Cohort is looking for 24 talented climate and environment researchers (emerging research leaders) committed to building climate resilience through multidisciplinary research.
In the lead up to the 26th UN Climate Change Conference COP26, the British Council and the Association of Commonwealth Universities have partnered to launch the Commonwealth Climate Research Cohort – a unique platform for rising-star climate researchers to bring multidisciplinary knowledge and expertise to a global stage, build international collaborations, and work with experts to influence on issues related to climate and environment in their communities and beyond.
They are seeking 24 emerging research leaders from ACU member universities to form the cohort. Throughout 2021, successful applicants will benefit from funded attendance at COP26 in Glasgow (travel restrictions permitting), attend expert-led training to strengthen leadership skills, engage with climate change policy dialogues, connect with other bright minds in the field, and complete a peer-led research-to-action project with seed funding.
Throughout 2021, successful applicants will benefit from:
- Funded attendance at COP26 in Glasgow, UK (travel restriction dependent)
- Leadership training with a cohort of peers through virtual, expert-led workshops
- Skills development for knowledge exchange and policy influence
- The opportunity to conduct a peer-led research-to-action project with seed funding
- Access to mentorship from an international network of climate and environment researchers through the ACU’s Commonwealth Climate Resilience Network
Applicants will need to meet the following criteria in order to join the cohort:
- Based at an ACU member university (see here for a list of ACU members)
- Be a resident of an ODA-eligible Commonwealth small state, or resident of another Commonwealth country with a research focus applicable to an ODA-eligible Commonwealth small state (click here for a list of eligible countries)
- Have a letter signed by their head of department, supervisor, or other senior member of staff supporting their participation in this project between March-November 2021
- Hold a PhD at the time of application
- Be a post-doctoral researcher with no more than eight years of post-doctoral research experience working in the broad field of climate and environment research, who is in a funded research role until at least December 2021
- Enrolled on a PhD at the time of application
- Have demonstrable and significant experience in research and leadership in the broad field of climate and environment research, and be in a funded research role until at least December 2021
The Commonwealth Climate Research Cohort is committed to supporting future research leaders and encourages applications from a diverse range of candidates, including those who identify as disabled.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 10 February 2021 at 11.59pm (UK time).
Click here to apply. For