Bayon Education and Development recruits 01 Agroecology Project Trainee
Based in Siem Reap, Bayon Education and Development (local NGO supported by a French association called “Ecole du Bayon”) provides education and training to around 425 underprivileged children and youths of Cambodia. Bayon Education and Development has various programs:
- A primary school located in Wat Preah Sear near Bayon Temple (Angkor temple area) that teaches 250 underprivileged children from Kindergarten to Grade 6.
- Students follow up program: after primary school we provide school material and financial support to 150 students from Grade 7 to Grade 12 who go to public school in Siem Reap.
- A pastry school which is a vocational training for 26 underprivileged young women. This training school is based in Siem Reap where we also have a coffee shop where we sell production for covering school expenses.
- A green farming program including the development and follow up of 11 green garden farmers supplying primary school canteen.
- A Agro Ecology School created in 2020, dedicated to training khmer students above grade 9 as technicians in agro ecology.
- Collaboration with PSE Siem Reap team for the development of their local activities aimed at supporting families and beneficiaries in underprivileged situation.
Details about Green farming program:
- This program started in 2018 as a vegetable farmers projects historically related to the Primary school. Its objective is to involve families of kids of the primary school to grow organic vegetables on their lands. The production is then sold to the school canteen that serves 250 meals per day. In addition, our NGO will open a school in agroecology in 2021. The school will provide vocational training in agroecology skills for around 10 to 20 underprivileged people every year and the training program will take 12 months.
Details about Agroecology school :
- We provide vocational training (TVET) in agroecology skills for underprivileged people. This training program will take 12 months and the school is based in Siem Reap.
All the details of the internship in the document attached to this offer.
Expériences / Formation
- Strong technical knowledge in agriculture, agroecology and vegetable gardening (level master 1 or 2)
- Good human contact,
- Adaptation capacity
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Fluent in English and French
- Stage conventionné non rémunéré
- 6 mois : du 15 août 2021 au 15 février 2022 / 35h par semaine
- Logement par l’ONG / Déjeuner du lundi au vendredi
- Please send your CV and a cover letter at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15th of June 2021.