Apply for Comic Relief’s ‘Safe Place To Be: Preventing Homelessness and Insecure Shelter’ Program!
Deadline: 1 October 2018
Comic Relief has launched its funding opportunity that focussed on preventing homelessness and insecure shelter.
Comic Relief believes that for people to build happy and productive lives they need access not only to basic housing, but the ability to create a home in which they feel safe and secure. Homelessness is a global issue and a human-made disaster. Comic Relief also want to work with amazing organisations who are driving programmes which aim to break the cycle of repeated homelessness and insecurity, and to support people to overcome the human cost and trauma of these experiences.
- Funding is available for 3-5 years.
- Single applicants can apply for between £150k to £300k.
- Consortiums can apply for up to £750k.
- Funding can be used to cover the core costs/ overheads of an organisation/partnerships, or specific projects and activities, or a mixture of the two.
- Across the world communities are doing excellent work tackling homelessness and shelter insecurity through their own creativity.
- Comic Relief believes that long-term change happens when communities take their place at the table, working alongside government, private sector and civil society.
- Comic Relief wants to hear from organisations preventing long-term homelessness and shelter insecurity in the following countries: the UK, India, South Africa, Zambia and Nigeria. These countries have high levels of poverty, inequality and rising numbers of people who are homeless or living in insecure shelter. There is also some track record in each country of government support and infrastructure to tackle these issues.
- Comic Relief inviting locally-rooted organisations to tell us what solutions they believe will work, demonstrating their approach is built on working directly with people affected by these issues. There is solid evidence that their work is already making a demonstrable difference. There’s room to expand, learn and influence from this.
- Comic Relief interested in solutions which link local organisations into global movements for change. Support is available for organisations to invest in telling compelling stories, drive learning that will shape future practice, and engage in effective advocacy and influencing on the issue.
- Comic Relief are interested in work that:
- Uses a rights based approach.
- Uses a participatory approach; valuing the experience and insights from people directly affected by homelessness and shelter insecurity, at all stages of the project.
- Recognises the complexity of people’s needs, the effects of trauma, uncertainty, violence and abuse, and works in partnership to meet these needs.
- Contributes to a movement for change, translating the learning from communities into effective advocacy, collective action and influence.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: UK, India, South Africa, Zambia and Nigeria.
For more information, please visit Comic Relief.