Applications Open for Takagi Fund for Citizen Science’s Grant Program!
Deadline: 17 September 2018
The Takagi Fund for Citizen Science is accepting applications from young researchers and grassroots groups, NPOs and NGOs in Asia for its grant programs.
The purpose of Takagi Fund is to foster and support independent Citizen Scientists who propose well-founded criticism and scientific counterarguments about problems and threats caused by present-day science and technology.
Types of Grant
- Research Grant: Research grants are to support research projects by individuals or groups that befit Citizen Science. The grant may cover research and travel expenses, printing and other outsourcing costs. It may also include funds to hold workshops or symposia to communicate research findings to the public.
- Training Grant: Training Grants are to support an individual receiving training at educational institutions, NGOs, research institutes, etc. that will enhance their expertise as Citizen Scientists and help them gain hands-on experience. The grant can be used to cover travel, accommodation, tuition or related costs.
Maximum grant amount per application this year is US$5,000.
- This grant is for individuals or groups from Asian countries and regions who pursue Citizen Science as defined by the Takagi Fund.
- Applicants are not required to have defined or designated themselves as engaged in Citizen Science prior to application.
- Projects which tackle urgent issues in which science and technology are threatening civil society and environment, and related policy issues.
- Projects which contribute to enhancing human rights, human security, conservation of nature, alternative economy and peace for all citizens without exclusion of the most disadvantaged.
- Projects which have imagination and conceptual power, backed by expertise and appropriate methodology, with planning and budgetadequately designed.
- Projects which have a clear and practical vision of how to apply the findings to society or to calling for policy changes.
- Projects dealing with issues for which the Japanese government and/or corporations are partly or fully responsible.
- Projects which are implemented in a peaceful manner employing non-violent means only.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application forms via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar(Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
For more information, please visit Takagi Fund.