World Vision International hires a IT Manager
|Entreprise/Structure: World Vision International
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Bac + 3
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 5 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 06-12-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
IT Manager II – Senegal
Location: Africa – Senegal
Application Deadline Date: 06-Dec-16
Category: Information Technology
Type: Fixed term, Full-time
International Role: No – Only National applicants will be considered.
Duration: 2+ Years
*Position location to be determined by the home country of successful candidate within the West Africa Region where WVI is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The IT Manager II role is responsible for supporting and maintaining global IT processes and standards within their Hub. Individuals in this role manage services provided to two or more field office locations within a region.
Individuals within the IT leadership job family have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan. They oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this job family provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders. They are also responsible for participating and leading the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of client’s business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
• Responsible for developing and communicating the IT operating plan.
• Provides input into the IT strategy to enable the regional strategy.
• Actively contributes to the Hub leadership team.
• Provides input to the regional leadership team.
• Responsible for managing key stakeholder relationships.
• Responsible for documenting customer requirements and taking them through the demand management process.
• Responsible for measuring and reporting on customer satisfaction.
Standards and Policies:
• Provides input into the development of standards, policies and processes.
• Responsible for implementing standards, policies and processes.
• Accountable for the delivery of IT services in the Hub according to service level expectations.
• Responsible for ensuring service management processes are understood and followed.
• Accountable for managing the IT asset inventory.
• Accountable for implementation of the IT operating plan.
• Responsible for service desk queue management.
• Accountable for the provision of customer support.
• Accountable for providing support for global and local applications according to existing processes and SLA.
• Responsible for the management of customer expectations throughout the service life cycle.
• Accountable for developing and managing IT budget.
• Responsible for contract management.
• Identifies contract performance problems.
• Responsible for engaging and paying vendors.
• Promotes the spiritual development of staff.
• Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
• Discusses work progress and obstacles.
• Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
• Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
• Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
• Documents and presents performance assessments.
• Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
• Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
• Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
• Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the assigned function or Center of Competency (COC).
• Responsible for IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
• Requires experience in supervising and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
• Typically has 5 to 7 years of relevant IT and business work experience.
• Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver a single IT project on time and within budget.
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.