UNESCO – Japan Prize on Education For Sustainable Development 2017 -$150,000 USD In Prizes
Deadline: May 2, 2017
UNESCO-Japan is seeking nominations for the third edition of the UNESCO-Japan Prize on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). This Prize aims to honour and showcase outstanding ESD projects and programmes worldwide.
Eligibility &Selection Criteria
Individuals, institutions, organizations or other entities engaged in Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). Nominations must focus on a specific ESD project or programme of the nominee.
- Transformation:The project/programme practices Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) as transformative education in support of sustainable development, , leading to individual and social change.
- Innovation: The project/programme demonstrates an innovative approach to ESD.
- Integration: The project/programme addresses the three dimensions of sustainable development (society, economy, environment) in an integrated way.
USD 150,000 to be divided between three recipients.
How to Submit Nominations
- Nominations must be completed online by the Permanent Delegation to UNESCO of the concerned Member State, or by an NGO in official partnership with UNESCO, through their official account.
- It is possible for National Commissions to UNESCO to access and complete the online form. However, any nomination by a National Commission will need to be submitted by the Permanent Delegation to UNESCO of the respective Member State. An automatic notification message will be sent to the official e-mail address of the Delegation to this end.
- If a National Commission or Permanent Delegation to UNESCO wishes that the form be completed electronically by the nominees, UNESCO can create a UNESTEAMS account for each nominee. A request should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 April 2017. After completion of the online form by the nominee, the concerned National Commission and Permanent Delegation will receive a notification e-mail and can review the nomination before the Permanent Delegation submits to UNESCO.
- Attention should be paid to presenting the project/programme of the nominee in a clear and structured way, following the instructions given in the form.
- All supporting material (e.g. publications, photos, videos) must be transmitted electronically through the online system.
- While completing the Form, please also keep in mind that the project/programme will be assessed by the Jury on the basis of the selection criteria.
2. Submit the Online Nomination Form
- Nominations have to be submitted in the online system by the concerned Permanent Delegations to UNESCO or the NGO by midnight of 2 May 2017 (UTC+1, Paris time).
- Kindly note that each Permanent Delegation or NGO may not submit more than three nominations.
- 17 January 2017: Launch of Call for Nominations
- 2 May 2017: Last date to submit Online Nominations
- 14/15 June 2017: International Jury Meeting
- September 2017: Announcement of the Prize-winners
- November 2017: Award Ceremony in Paris, France (TBC)
E-mail inquiries to email@example.com
For more information, visit UNESCO Prize on Education For Sustainable Development .